INSIDE LOOK at CODEX - The Dynatrac 2-Door Extra Cab Hellcat Gladiator Truck Build

SDG

Caught the Bug
That thing is like Anne Frank in a cutlery shop... DANGER... DO NOT ENTER...

The first 3 questions I have are Why?

1. The frame was notched to fit a gas tank? You can bob a frame but can fab a gas tank? I would rather have the full frame with all that shit bolted on top...

2, 3... oh... and 4.... suspension, engine, payload...

Hellcat, coils, backpack... it is like a kid on steroids who wears a backpack and sandals to the 100m dash... why? Big engine, shitty suspension and tons of weight.... 2 of the 3 are okay, but 1 doesn't work.

PS Its super ugly too!

That thing had so much potential and completely fell flat. Not sure what the goal was, but that is pretty bad. At no point does that make me want to buy a gladiator or build anything close to it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKRicky

Thanks for the coverage Eddie.

I’m personally not a fan. I keep looking at it and I think what really throws it off for me is the whole rear section with the huge black box thingy. The overall lines of everything just don’t flow. Definitely a bummer. Sometimes less is more for sure.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned the only two cool things about this is the motor and that roof top tent. Outside of those thing thing is hideous!

Tony dropped the ball and made something unattainable for most of the people that would build a gladiator. Also idk how this build will promote their axles which is what they are known for.

EVO’s build is better looking and a more obtainable build IMO.

Exodus 4x4

As mentioned the only two cool things about this is the motor and that roof top tent. Outside of those thing thing is hideous!

Tony dropped the ball and made something unattainable for most of the people that would build a gladiator. Also idk how this build will promote their axles which is what they are known for.

EVO’s build is better looking and a more obtainable build IMO.

Ditto. How many people are going to buy a Gladiator and do this? None. How many people are going to buy Dynatrac axles BECAUSE of this? Maybe a few but not enough to justify the cost of the build. When you build something you have to keep your audience in mind and you build what THEY can afford. Going over the top a little is ok, but this is out in left field. They would have been way better off just allocating a few axle sets to some shops for SEMA builds than doing this. Not sure why they even feel the need to do their own builds.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ditto. How many people are going to buy a Gladiator and do this? None. How many people are going to buy Dynatrac axles BECAUSE of this? Maybe a few but not enough to justify the cost of the build. When you build something you have to keep your audience in mind and you build what THEY can afford. Going over the top a little is ok, but this is out in left field. They would have been way better off just allocating a few axle sets to some shops for SEMA builds than doing this. Not sure why they even feel the need to do their own builds.

Exactly. I could build a “mild” evo gladiator with 35/37’s lift and do the same tent and stuff with stock axles and not need to change much of anything and be able to afford it. This build from tony is tons of custom work with tons of money being thrown at it and something the average joe can’t do.

Ddays

Hooked

Exactly. I could build a “mild” evo gladiator with 35/37’s lift and do the same tent and stuff with stock axles and not need to change much of anything and be able to afford it. This build from tony is tons of custom work with tons of money being thrown at it and something the average joe can’t do.

I think this build is them reaching out to the overlanding crowd. You think our shit is expensive? Check out what some of these guys spend on camping out. :crazyeyes: This build is entry level for a lot of those guys. Having said that I also think this is an overreach for Dynatrac. They're in the axle business and not many overlanders require anything other than stock axles.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think this build is them reaching out to the overlanding crowd. You think our shit is expensive? Check out what some of these guys spend on camping out. :crazyeyes: This build is entry level for a lot of those guys. Having said that I also think this is an overreach for Dynatrac. They're in the axle business and not many overlanders require anything other than stock axles.

I’ve never seen an overlander cut a truck in half and shorten it and add a huge motor.

Ddays

Hooked
I’ve never seen an overlander cut a truck in half and shorten it and add a huge motor.

These guys do this shit all the time and these are some of the mild ones. I agree on the cutting a Gladiator down and doing a Hellcat motor - total waste of both IMHO.
They could have done the same thing with a JL/JLU

KidandGypsy_8_grande.jpg

WoolrichEdition_FleetUTE_Fence1_grande.jpg

BradleyBuild_3_grande.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
CODEX : INSIDE LOOK of the Dynatrac 2-Door Extra Cab Hellcat Gladiator Truck Build

Well at least it has milestar tires. So it isn’t a total screw up.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Nice! Too bad they could not have molded the camper to the cab better. I still do not want a Gladiator. Brute for the win!!!!!

Top Bottom