Inspect your teraflex brackets

Brian.243

ah crap, I broke my front one too. I had my bracket repaired and re-welded back in with some additional gussets. Who knows how long it will hold. I already know what I will replace it with when it breaks again. ;)

Do you have any pictures of how you gusseted it. I have a few ideas depending on what TF says.
Then again Is there another manufacturers bracket that I could swap to that I wouldn't have to buy new arms?

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Do you have any pictures of how you gusseted it. I have a few ideas depending on what TF says.
Then again Is there another manufacturers bracket that I could swap to that I wouldn't have to buy new arms?

Not a great pic..
http://wayalife.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16616&d=1361491796

Also a problem with mine is that the entire bracket wasn't welded and where it was welded it wasn't done correctly. So what you can't see there is where the shop re-welded the entire bracket along the frame. I believe this is indicated in the current version56 appendix P of TF's install guide(sarcasm). I don't know if it was stated or not in the instructions the shop used when my kit was installed in early 2009.

The welds on the brackets should look like the pics in this post: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break&p=58441&viewfull=1#post58441

When I called TF to bitch they confirmed that welding the entire bracket was a more recent guideline, probably as a result of the breaks you and I along with many others have experienced.

rcdude3

That seems to be the problems in looking at the broken brackets is that there is little to no weld on the brackets. I watched the YouTube videos TF posted and I welded any piece of the brackets to the frame. Both front and rear. Where ever I could get my gun in to burn, got burned. Seems to be holding up, but I am also not running Coil Overs. I also did not set my axle up to have cross caster as TF states in the instructions. I checked all my welds this past Saturday and they all looked good.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Mine was welded everywhere that the bracket touched the frame, and still failed. I broke a pass. side rear bracket, and both my front ones developed cracks around the bolt holes where the LCAs mount to the bracket. Worst lift kit I have ever ran. The nay sayers say this forum slams Teraflex and make up all this crap about their shit failing. The record speaks for itself, the countless failures of parts that should be over engineered to not fail, are instead under engineered and blamed on faulty installation in most cases. Sure, they replaced all of my brackets and sent me a gusset kit. Free of charge. Didn't help me much while stuck on a trail with my control arm and part of a bracket in my hand. Same can be said for my MULTIPLE broken front notsoMONSTER front track bars. Yes more than one. Snapped clean off into two pieces. I'll get off my soap box now.

Last edited:

Brian.243

Well I got a set of new front brackets from teraflex today.
They look stronger with gussets. They also sent me a set of the rear bracket reinforcements.
I was thinking about adding more gussets to the brackets before I install them.
The customer support was great but it's still a PITA.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The best customer service is the one you never have to use. Anything less than that is a PITA.

Top Bottom