Install time ??

Sugarbear

Putting my zone 3 inch kit and coast front shaft on this weekend finally!!
I'm mechanically inclined anyone have a good time estimate to do the install since I'm doing it Saturday but need to get to work Sunday lol

Putting my zone 3 inch kit and coast front shaft on this weekend finally!!
I'm mechanically inclined anyone have a good time estimate to do the install since I'm doing it Saturday but need to get to work Sunday lol

Start Friday night! :beer: That way if you run into something you have time. My first lift on our JK took me about 12 hours. But I did it off 1 floor jack, 2 jackstands, and 3 2x4's I would not suggest this. :brows:

I just swapped out my kit with a new one started friday evening, 3 hours for the front, then sat morning 3 hours for the rear, plus setting it up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on what all comes with your kit, you should be able to get the lift on in a day. With the right tools and know how, you can easily do each side in about 4 hours and less if you don't have adjustable control arms to deal with. Drive shaft takes about 2 hours.

Sugarbear

Depending on what all comes with your kit, you should be able to get the lift on in a day. With the right tools and know how, you can easily do each side in about 4 hours and less if you don't have adjustable control arms to deal with. Drive shaft takes about 2 hours.

Oh yea I forgot to mention I do have adjustable front control arms

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yea I forgot to mention I do have adjustable front control arms

You can set them up ahead of time and it'll help speed things up but, you should still tack on at least an hour more or so and more if you are doing uppers too. Also, you may want to account for even more time to dial in your caster after everything is installed.

Sugarbear

You can set them up ahead of time and it'll help speed things up but, you should still tack on at least an hour more or so and more if you are doing uppers too. Also, you may want to account for even more time to dial in your caster after everything is installed.

Looks like I'm takin off of work Friday since I work middle shift lol

Sugarbear

Eddie why 2 hours for the shaft ?? It seemed pretty easy change the yokes and bolt it in ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie why 2 hours for the shaft ?? It seemed pretty easy change the yokes and bolt it in ?

It can be done in less time for sure, I was just being generous just in case this is your first time. It is near impossible to remove the factory shaft without removing the skid and it's a pain in the ass to remove all the tiny bolts securing it to the flange. That typically takes the most time.

Sugarbear

It can be done in less time for sure, I was just being generous just in case this is your first time. It is near impossible to remove the factory shaft without removing the skid and it's a pain in the ass to remove all the tiny bolts securing it to the flange. That typically takes the most time.

Ah I got it thanks Eddie

noroad

I would say knowing you need it for work sunday Fri night should be the prep day set the lift out on the floor make sure you have EVERYTHING missing parts will such happened to me! I would say if you spend a good 2-3 hours on fri night in prep getting tools and parts out you shoud cut a huge amount of time off! I did both my front and rear 1310 drive shafts in an 1 to 1.5, i used an air hammer to take the old yokes of the transfer case about 2 mins of that it was off! lift set you control arms leneghts up the night before, prob 4-6 hours no problems 6-10 if you have a problem and need to go to the store a couple times!

Top Bottom