Intelligent Opinion Wanted - boy am I opening myself up for a whooping with this post

Prime8

BTW, I went with the long arm kit and the cheapest shocks because I hope to upgrade to the bolt on coilovers at some point in the future, but the ride quality for now is still excellent!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
To give you a perspective, here is my JK with a Teraflex 3" longarm system, 37" MT/R Kevlars, and Bushwacker flat fender flares. I got 4.5" of lift front, and about 4.25" of lift rear from my 3" Teraflex springs. Only rubbing I had with the 37" tires was on the rear tires at aft end of the pinch seam. I trimmed the corner of the pinch seam and I had no rubbing on the flares, and very minor rubbing on the frame rails at full lock when turning. That was with 4.0" BS Raceline beadlocks. 3.5" BS wheels or spacers would've fixed that, but it was so light it wasn't an issue.

b3a087bf.jpg

938faf4f.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, I went with the long arm kit and the cheapest shocks because I hope to upgrade to the bolt on coilovers at some point in the future, but the ride quality for now is still excellent!

I like to say that Bilstein's are "affordable" and not necessarily "cheap :D
They're a good shock and perform well when paired with a good set of soft coils. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW - here's a shot of our Dozer JK set at about 3.5" with trimmed fenders and riding on 37's.

main.php

main.php

Top Bottom