Irish Build Thread

TrailHunter

Hooked
I think this is a good build thread to read for those who are thinking about a swap... and should shed some reality... And that reality is; If it was easy (and cheap), everyone would do it. I would also think Motech or any other company doing swaps, want nothing more than hassle free results. Dealing with Swap issues is just the Price of playing Poker... Ya gotta be patient and dedicated.

I’m sure the build here will iron itself out, and be worth the efforts... I mean it’s a V8 in a Jeep.. that’s still f’n awesome.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That’s pretty sweet. Is that cooler basically on top of the EVOlever next to the upper OEM rear shock mount (at least that is what it looks like to me)?

Where are you ultimately dumping the exhaust from the new headers?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
That’s pretty sweet. Is that cooler basically on top of the EVOlever next to the upper OEM rear shock mount (at least that is what it looks like to me)?

Where are you ultimately dumping the exhaust from the new headers?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yes. That’s exactly where it’s at. 1/4” plate brackets.

Exhaust still dumps the same place most evo cantilevers I’ve seen, driver side in front of the rear axle. I’m not sure if it’s going to be too loud or too quiet, but should find out this week.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Yes. That’s exactly where it’s at. 1/4” plate brackets.

Exhaust still dumps the same place most evo cantilevers I’ve seen, driver side in front of the rear axle. I’m not sure if it’s going to be too loud or too quiet, but should find out this week.

Trans cooler or ...? Long lines to go all the way back .

Brute

Hooked
Have you had any cooling/electrical issues with any of your Jeeps? I know in the JK6 you've got a bunch of aux coolers in the bed. But you've never mentioned any real issues that I recall.

Not with the Hellcat...moving the oil cooler to the back with a fan increased oil supply, and a very efficient fan/shroud...I’ve never seen temps above 208

Top Bottom