Is it worth it?

jconn47

yes i wondered the same thing but after getting a killer deal on my new 2012 jk and about 10k of mods im still under a rubi and bigger. Also what part of vermont are you from/ when are you coming back we can get a meet going and you can see some rigs!

I'm from Bridport a little town just outside the Middlebury area. And we're planning a trip back for next summer but I guess we'll see. As far as moving back I'm not sure. I'm not exactly happy with all the new changes that are going on in the Air Force so I'm trying to figure out what my next move is career wise. But I'd love to get together when we visit. Hopefully seeing a bunch of built up rigs will help my wife get a little more on board with our build!

noroad

I'm from Bridport a little town just outside the Middlebury area. And we're planning a trip back for next summer but I guess we'll see. As far as moving back I'm not sure. I'm not exactly happy with all the new changes that are going on in the Air Force so I'm trying to figure out what my next move is career wise. But I'd love to get together when we visit. Hopefully seeing a bunch of built up rigs will help my wife get a little more on board with our build!

very cool, by then we will have 4 lifted 2drs and 3 lifted 4drs all different that you can check out these are my good friends rigs that would be happy to show them off!

xkid

Did I need my rubi...no....do I like it?...yes. A few trips when I was new was kind of annoying tho with people going "oh he has a rubi he is fine (not guys from here). I was going to keep it mostly stock when I first got it and that was why I went with the rubi....which lasted a few months lol. I am still happy tho and I know I have needed to regear but still pushing that one off cuz for me the 4.10s are still okay even with 37s.

Whats the rubicon hard rock tho?

Good to know. The 4:10 and 37s part.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Good to know. The 4:10 and 37s part.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

its not idea but works for me and I don't mind it for the way I drive and where I normally have to go. Someday ill regear it.

he also has a standard and a 4 to 1 transfer case just fyi! pretty sure on the standard!

Yup manual all the way. The tcase deff helps but I do tend to stall out on big rock sections.

noroad

its not idea but works for me and I don't mind it for the way I drive and where I normally have to go. Someday ill regear it.

Yup manual all the way. The tcase deff helps but I do tend to stall out on big rock sections.

haha fun timess on the rocks lol!

I agree with every bit of this. I pretty much lost 6th gear on country roads (60MPH) but other than that there is no issue with road driving. The Rubi 4:1 T-case helps a bunch on the trail but I too struggle with more throttle/clutch work than I would like in the big rocks. To be honest the lack of steering the 37s is a bigger concern for me than the regear though.

noroad

I agree with every bit of this. I pretty much lost 6th gear on country roads (60MPH) but other than that there is no issue with road driving. The Rubi 4:1 T-case helps a bunch on the trail but I too struggle with more throttle/clutch work than I would like in the big rocks. To be honest the lack of steering the 37s is a bigger concern for me than the regear though.

I just ordered my synergy tie rod from northridge4x4 2 mins ago(cus of you and darkknight1999), pretty sure that has somethingto do with the 37s.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
What specifically did you want from the rubicon?

If it is the stock D44's with lockers you are better suites to get a PR 44 with 4:88's and ARB lockers and call it a done deal. A factory D44 is not as tough as one would think. Tube walls are the same as a D30. Only real difference is the pumpkin.

I have a JKUS and love the fact I have to manually roll up the windows and lock the doors. Heated seats, who needs them just wear thermals.

It all comes down to opinion.

R/
Will

Hahahah i agree with most but you live in florida most of the time lol :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: -15 out with a warm ass is nice( just added them for 60 bucks, rubi me that lol!!!

I would have to agree with above post and to add real jeeps do not have power windows and locks...and real men do not need heated seats. If you what to stay warm go get yourself a large mocha or something. I love my very manly sport.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I would have to agree with above post and to add real jeeps do not have power windows and locks...and real men do not need heated seats. If you what to stay warm go get yourself a large mocha or something. I love my very manly sport.

Lol you shut your face! I love my power window and locks and fancy clicker. No heated seats though :( i really wanted them because they would match my hello kitty coffee mug. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710T using WAYALIFE mobile app

2RedRigs

And airbags, and a radio, and top, and wide tires, and abs, and aluminum wheels, and fuel injection, and fog lights, and power steering, and passenger side mirror, and doors that lock, and different paint options, and head restraints, and seatbelts, and tpms, and traction control, and hillstart assist, and leather wrapped steering wheel, and leather wrapped shifter knob, and on the fly 4 wheel shifting, and adjustable seats, and ...

So basically only a real jeep is this... and everyone's will be the same.
willys jeep.jpg

2013CGJKU

And airbags, and a radio, and top, and wide tires, and abs, and aluminum wheels, and fuel injection, and fog lights, and power steering, and passenger side mirror, and doors that lock, and different paint options, and head restraints, and seatbelts, and tpms, and traction control, and hillstart assist, and leather wrapped steering wheel, and leather wrapped shifter knob, and on the fly 4 wheel shifting, and adjustable seats, and ...

View attachment 98902

Uh oh. Somebody's feelings got hurt. Don't call out someone's manliness over having a rubi! Haha!

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

2RedRigs

Uh oh. Somebody's feelings got hurt. Don't call out someone's manliness over having a rubi! Haha!

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

I've got both Rubi and Sport, I've got both manual and auto, I've got both Hard top and Soft top. No feelings hurt. Just get sick of people thinking they know it all.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Lol you shut your face! I love my power window and locks and fancy clicker. No heated seats though :( i really wanted them because they would match my hello kitty coffee mug. ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710T using WAYALIFE mobile app

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

2013CGJKU

I've got both Rubi and Sport, I've got both manual and auto, I've got both Hard top and Soft top. No feelings hurt. Just get sick of people thinking they know it all.

I don't think anyone is claiming to "know it all".

BUT I don't care who you are, where you come from, what you do... it DOES NOT make solid financial sense to finance and pay interest on parts that you are ultimately going to discard.

That is the ultimate deciding factor when it comes to answering this question in each individual circumstance.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I don't think anyone is claiming to "know it all".

BUT I don't care who you are, where you come from, what you do... it DOES NOT make solid financial sense to finance and pay interest on parts that you are ultimately going to discard.

That is the ultimate deciding factor when it comes to answering this question in each individual circumstance.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

It's not about making sense. :)

Hobolobo

I just traded a '12 sport with manual locks, windows, and transmission and no options except a/c in for a '14 rubi. Still manual transmission but with power locks and windows. I love the convenience of it. And i dont plan to throw out my rubicon parts for a while. I consider both of them real jeeps.

Tigrcky

And on the fly 4 wheel shifting,

View attachment 98902

actually the old willys had full time hubs so you could shift it into 4wd on the fly, my dad has a 46 cj-2a but to add to your list, defrost, electric windshield wipers, rear wipers, radio, tach, turn signals, and some did not come with heaters lol.

back to the op, when i buy my new jeep ( someday :daydream: ) i have been tempted with the idea of the rubicon, but honestly the only thing that i would really want that the rubi offers and the sport does not are the heated seats and the edisco, everything else i plan on replacing. so think about what all you want to do with the rubicon and what all you would have to do to make it do that reliably and then weigh the costs. :thumb:

Top Bottom