is there a track bar that will clear aluminum diff covers

lakejeep

I put a G2 aluminum diff cover on the back of my 2013 JK 2dr with a BB lift. I have only done a few road miles and looked under it today and the TB is hitting the top of the cover. The bad news is that I bought one for front too just haven't put it on yet and from what I have been reading (wish I would have done that before I bought them) the front might hit also. I am installing a rubicon 44 in the front other than that and the BB the suspension is completely stock. So if I got to put out more money I would rather put it in some new TB's rather some steel covers so the first $200 covers can set on a shelf in the shop lol.

ltdanlj

I put a G2 aluminum diff cover on the back of my 2013 JK 2dr with a BB lift. I have only done a few road miles and looked under it today and the TB is hitting the top of the cover. The bad news is that I bought one for front too just haven't put it on yet and from what I have been reading (wish I would have done that before I bought them) the front might hit also. I am installing a rubicon 44 in the front other than that and the BB the suspension is completely stock. So if I got to put out more money I would rather put it in some new TB's rather some steel covers so the first $200 covers can set on a shelf in the shop lol.

Yeah just grind down the cover where you are having clearance issues....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You're front will definitely hit and more so than the rear. You can grind down the fin getting hit but, you'll still end up making contact with the oval in the center and isn't too much you can do about that. If you are lifted, installing a track bar relocation bracket in the rear will help. Up front, you'd need to install a drag link flip/track bar relocation bracket like what EVO makes and that will help too. I say help because depending on what track bar you have, you may still hit.

E-man

Eddie, in your opinion, what front trackbars offer the most clearance to avoid hitting the diff cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lakejeep

Thanks Eddie for the help. Looks like the plan for now is to keep the stock ones till I get a little more add-ons to my jeep

Top Bottom