Is there risk of bending stuff having just inner c gussets installed?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I think this thread got more heated up than my stock ball joints did...

After researching what's involved in removing these suckers I think I'd just as soon replace them as rebuild them. Unless the Duratrac's last a hell of a lot longer I suppose I would just go with the Crown HD's.

I don't want to stir up more shit, just seems like a lot of work to take out used ones, take them apart to repack them and then put them back in. Unless I'm missing something - isn't it worth it in labor just to replace?

Are you referring to dynatrac prosteers? You can rebuild them without removing them. I have yet to hear anyone actually having to rebuild them. Made in America!

MTG

Caught the Bug
I thought this thread was about c gussets? :idontknow:

Some of you need to go play with your ball…joints and relax a little. :yup:

olram30

As much as I'd love to, still waiting on dynatrac to drop ship them.

Remlap

Are you referring to dynatrac prosteers? You can rebuild them without removing them. I have yet to hear anyone actually having to rebuild them. Made in America!

Well then that is a no brainer to me, definetely worth it - was wondering about that, good info.

I did not know Crown was not American made either, easy decision on that too.

olram30

Well then that is a no brainer to me, definetely worth it - was wondering about that, good info.

I did not know Crown was not American made either, easy decision on that too.

I don't know where crown are made, but synergy is made in India and alloy are made in Taiwan.

Remlap

It was, a concern was raised early on about melting my balls, wife got concerned after that.

So did I..

MTG

Caught the Bug
It was, a concern was raised early on about melting my balls, wife got concerned after that.

So did I..

Tell her take her time, not heat them up too fast, move back and forth from one side to the other and you should be fine. :thumb:

Remlap

Tell her take her time, not heat them up too fast, move back and forth from one side to the other and you should be fine. :thumb:

Hahaha, we've been married something like 13 years now - 2 kids - she'll just throw those instructions out and ask me "What do we need these for again?"

I'm going to try anyway of course.

Schweaty

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but the Crown HDs seem to be just as much as the Synergy. I can't find the $100 for both sides upper/lower anywhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Top Bottom