Is there risk of bending stuff having just inner c gussets installed?

Remlap

No your wrong and a troll. Crown is $100 for a set if four and synergy is $200 for a set of four. Myself and other good friends just went through this. They bought the crown and I got the dynatrac which is better then both.

I came across the Dynatrac they seem to be the way to go just by looking at them, I can't remember price difference but you usually get what you pay for.

I got a stupid question though, if my stock ones are damaged by welding on the gussets what will be the symptoms if any?

If they are damaged I want to replace them sooner than later and would like to know what to look for.

Gun

It looks to me like there are normal Crown ball joints and heavy duty Crown joints. The normal Crown are about 1/2 the price of the heavy duty Crown joints. I assume I would want the heavy duty ball joints?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It looks to me like there are normal Crown ball joints and heavy duty Crown joints. The normal Crown are about 1/2 the price of the heavy duty Crown joints. I assume I would want the heavy duty ball joints?

yes the HD ones are the greasable ones. you can get both sides (all 4) for under $100. i got all of mine from quadratec for abour $85.

Remlap

I had read about this method somewhere, thank you.

I would think there would be some other effect when driving it since it seems to be so common, maybe I'll just replace the damn things and get it over with.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I had read about this method somewhere, thank you.

I would think there would be some other effect when driving it since it seems to be so common, maybe I'll just replace the damn things and get it over with.

thats what i did. replaced mine just to beat them eventually shitting the bed.

Remlap

I'll just sneak em' in there when the wife's not looking.

Are they pretty straightforward to install? Any alignment needed afterwards?

Thanks for all the help.

Nevesjk06

Trust me I have the crown HD ball joints, $100 for both sides compared to $200 or so for both sides. My crowns are greaseable
View attachment 96043

Quick question considering im looking into ball joints, whats the wear been like with the crowns? Do they have similar lifespans as synergy and the other more expensive ones? Ive researched a little bit so if theres already a thread on this my bad. Id like some better quality Ball joints than stock but not as expensive as something like the dynatracs.

JKWrang

Quick question considering im looking into ball joints, whats the wear been like with the crowns? Do they have similar lifespans as synergy and the other more expensive ones? Ive researched a little bit so if theres already a thread on this my bad. Id like some better quality Ball joints than stock but not as expensive as something like the dynatracs.

Grease able joints are infinitely better than sealed units - they last MUCH longer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

The crowns are the exact same as synergy. Synergy just rebrands them and jacks up the price. I would suggest the crowns or go all out and get Dynatrac pro steers which are rebuildable and the best on the market . The latter is currently having a $100 rebate so it's a little more affordable now

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I didn't want to start a whole new thread since this is kind of on topic of what I'm asking anyway.

Is there risk of bending stuff having just inner c gussets installed? I only have 285/75 17's but still think I should put em' on just in case so I ordered them - using a reputable welding/fabrication company for install.

Thanks

Now this is the kind of thread I like on this forum. Lots of good info supporting a reasonable question. I read every reply and took notes. As someone who is slightly cash strapped, I try to improve on stock and hope for the best. Good stuff!:thumb:

Remlap

Now this is the kind of thread I like on this forum. Lots of good info supporting a reasonable question. I read every reply and took notes. As someone who is slightly cash strapped, I try to improve on stock and hope for the best. Good stuff!:thumb:

Everyone's advice wound up very helpful to me, I passed on the concerns about overheating the ball joints to the welding company and they completely understood. They even had a worker that builds up his own Jeeps come in to help them today.

Great outcome and I'm pretty sure by the factory look quality of their work I won't need ball joints, at least not due to them. This was a welding and fabrication shop that mostly handles huge projects (cell towers, gas pipes/tanks etc) my request was a walk in the park for them. Paid a hundy more than my local 4x4 chain store charges (I won't mention names) but I think it was worth it.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to advise me on this!

Remlap

Finished product, seem pretty sturdy..

Attachments

• Gussets1.jpg
    Gussets1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Gussets2.jpg
    Gussets2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 63

jeeeep

Hooked
No your wrong and a troll. Crown is $100 for a set if four and synergy is $200 for a set of four. Myself and other good friends just went through this. They bought the crown and I got the dynatrac which is better then both.

Go back home to the island.

well, aren't you special! dynatrac wow I'm so impressed... since when does stating a fact make me a troll? pricing is direct from Quadratec for the Crown HD, not the cheaper normal ones which can be had for $100.

but if it has to be, I'd guess I'd choose to be a troll with valid information than an asshole like you who spews nothing but shit the majority of the time along with what ever you can regurgitate because you think you're so special...which you are but not in the way you think.

Why not try doing a bit more research before you spew what you think you know. Just because you have dynatrac does not make you as special as you think.

If you happened to find the HD's full set for $100 that's great! but you don't have to be an asshole all the time....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
well, aren't you special! dynatrac wow I'm so impressed... since when does stating a fact make me a troll? pricing is direct from Quadratec for the Crown HD, not the cheaper normal ones which can be had for $100.

but if it has to be, I'd guess I'd choose to be a troll with valid information than an asshole like you who spews nothing but shit the majority of the time along with what ever you can regurgitate because you think you're so special...which you are but not in the way you think.

Why not try doing a bit more research before you spew what you think you know. Just because you have dynatrac does not make you as special as you think.

If you happened to find the HD's full set for $100 that's great! but you don't have to be an asshole all the time....

I'll be honest I thought you were that assmints guy when you posted. That's why I said troll. My bad.

Anyway you can get the factory style crowns for about $40 a side and the HD crowns for a little over $100.

jeeeep

Hooked
Sorry me math no so good. You splain to me how 2 x 44.99 = $180 using your boolean algebra for us.

View attachment 96051

well you need to work on your reading and comparison abilities first before you proceed to any math challenges.

Take a look at the part number in your image ....in case you can't figure it out here it is...CRO68004085AA

now use your new found skill in reading and look up this part number CRO68004085HD

wow! you now have a new useful skill you can put to use and no longer have to talk out your ass....

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I've priced hd crowns for around 70 bucks on Amazon, that's 140 for both, still cheaper than 200 synergy ones. Even alloy usa are 125 on Amazon.

Remlap

I think this thread got more heated up than my stock ball joints did...

After researching what's involved in removing these suckers I think I'd just as soon replace them as rebuild them. Unless the Duratrac's last a hell of a lot longer I suppose I would just go with the Crown HD's.

I don't want to stir up more shit, just seems like a lot of work to take out used ones, take them apart to repack them and then put them back in. Unless I'm missing something - isn't it worth it in labor just to replace?

Top Bottom