Is this a good deal for a 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock 2 DR

Swosanity

The wiring should still be there. Open the tailgate and window then lift up the carpet around the roll bar on the left. The wiring will most likely be under there. It's much cheaper for Jeep to have one wiring harness for every Jeep and just leave some connections empty than it is to have different wiring packages for each little option.

I will see how far they will come down. Been waiting this one out all month. Starting to feel a bond with this JK considering I have never stalked a car before.
:mad:

Tanner505

My jk has 3.73s unfortunately but it's not too bad with my 35s I plan on regearing to 4.56 here soon and it should fix that minor issue

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
You should have no problem getting a rig for the FFP price at MINIMUM...thats the friends/family price on the printout sheet from the dealer. 3% below invoice is what I would aim for as you get 1% below invoice from TreatLightly. I would want 4.10s though, so consider ordering one. Even if you pay 1% below invoice (dealer may be reluctant to order a rig for 3% below) it's still worth it as a regear is $1000 at a minimum.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Just checked truecar...invoice is north of 38K for this configuration, so 33 is a fantastic deal, even without a lot of the options I would want (heated seats, remote start, connectivity, hardtop, and 4.10s).

Swosanity

So..... ya gonna get it?? :D

I am close on a decision. If not this deal the high volume dealer in my area has a fully loaded 4 door MSRP 49,545 for 42K as my fall back. It has everything I want, 4.10 gears, heated seats, ...

Just checked truecar...invoice is north of 38K for this configuration, so 33 is a fantastic deal, even without a lot of the options I would want (heated seats, remote start, connectivity, hardtop, and 4.10s).

Exactly the reason I was holding back on jumping to buy.

Wardell

Heated leather seats and connectivity should both actually be part of the Hard Rock package:

http://www.jeep.com/en/limited-editions/wrangler-hardrock/

Swosanity, there is a way you can double check to make sure:

- Check the dash for the heated seat buttons. These should be the two outside buttons in the row below the three knobs for the climate control system. If they show the seat icons, you have heated seats. If they are just blank plastic buttons in there for filler, you don't.

- For connectivity, check for the voice command button. It will be in the group of buttons on the left side of the steering wheel. Also, you can look for the microphone too, it should be located up above the windshield, to the left of the driver's sun visor. If you don't have the mike and only have a plastic filler plug for those buttons, you don't have the connectivity package. If the mike and buttons are both there, you do and you're good to go.

I hope that helps.

Edit: I just looked at the link to the add you posted. The heated seats and connectivity group are both listed deep in the "additional options," so it should definitely have them (if you're still considering this Jeep).

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The wiring should still be there. Open the tailgate and window then lift up the carpet around the roll bar on the left. The wiring will most likely be under there. It's much cheaper for Jeep to have one wiring harness for every Jeep and just leave some connections empty than it is to have different wiring packages for each little option.

They actually don't do this as much as you think and more. It's cheaper to have multiple harnesses I. Today's auto industry.

For this particular one you can get a kit from MOPAR and it requires adding the rear wiring and also changing out the one stalk on the steering wheel to get the rear wiper controls.

JKJP

If you read this dealers fine print you'll see that they add $995. shipping and a fee of $589. to these rock bottom prices. If you don't qualify for the two incentives you add back another $1500. This takes you back to invoice pricing.

Top Bottom