It's time to get started!

Benito

Caught the Bug
Picked up my cage from powder-coat today! The color came out pretty good. Going to try to install it this week

IMG_1475547866.903311.jpg

During the Unofficial hidden falls run we found that I have a short somewhere in my locker circuits and so I have to figure that out. And on Saturday morning before wheeling a squeak revealed itself before we even hit the trails and has become more noticeable today. I am going to have to find the culprit once and for all.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Picked up my cage from powder-coat today! The color came out pretty good. Going to try to install it this week

View attachment 225517

During the Unofficial hidden falls run we found that I have a short somewhere in my locker circuits and so I have to figure that out. And on Saturday morning before wheeling a squeak revealed itself before we even hit the trails and has become more noticeable today. I am going to have to find the culprit once and for all.

That's going to look nice!

tdougherty81

I kept thinking that squeak was from me when you were behind me. I kept checking until you said it may be your jeep. Hope you find it, that stuff drives me crazy.

Benito

Caught the Bug
i got the cage mostly installed. all i need to do now is to put in the floor bolts, install my bottom plastics and get the C pillars installed and welded. i haven't had a chance to find the squeak, but i did troubleshoot my lockers and found that there is some sort of short in the rear locker. i cannot isolate the locker from the wiring because the evo truss butts right against the connector and doesn't let it back out. i think it may be internal as i just changed the rear diff fluid the weekend before last and may have done something to the connector inside when i put the fill tube through the fill hole, i highly doubt it. i am going to try again tomorrow to separate the wiring from the locker to make sure its internal befor i pull the cover off.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Took a few pictures of the cage installed

IMG_1476509036.976387.jpg

IMG_1476509058.329196.jpg

IMG_1476509085.767276.jpg

IMG_1476509106.684068.jpg

I'll try to get some more tomorrow.

I also got the squeak found that I had during the Unofficial HF run. It was my drivers side unit bearing. I jacked up the wheel and it had a bit of play in it so I replaced it with one I had laying around from the original axle.

Drove to El Paso today to do some wheeling in Las Cruces with the jeep club. On my way in I slowed down because I was getting into the city, lowered the music and windows, and behold the worst clunking noise I had heard in a while! I stopped at a cousins house to check it out (mechanic) isolated it to the rear diff, drained the fluid and low and behold metal chunks!

IMG_1476509566.853008.jpg

IMG_1476509585.074396.jpg

We also noticed some oil leaking from the housing, I suspect it's coming underneath the Evo truss and going down towards the axle tube. The breather tube is dry and the whole passenger side axle tube is dry as well. I am going to open the diff tomorrow to see what exactly is going on. I did get a chance to call the El Paso 4wheel parts store and they have gears and install kits in stock and I have a friend that can do it. Hopefully the housing isn't cracked where the truss was welded, if that is the case, I don't think I am going to throw money at it. Right now the rear axle is riddled with issues: 1) the locker coil is opened(locker doesn't work) 2) the gears are all fucked up 3) the housing is possibly cracked.

Does anyone know if Dynatrac is opened on Saturdays? I may have to make the call.

bthomas

Looks like your cage turned out great! Bummer to hear your having all these other issues, especially while your on the road! Good luck getting it taken care of.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
Ouch! Time for a full float 60 [emoji13]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wish!! I'de be stuck eating potted meat tacos for 6 months if I did that!

I am glad this happened to me in El Paso/home! I found the gears and install kit at 4wheel parts, and I have a friend that will do them for me today. Just picked up the gears and am on my way to pick up the Jeep to go to his place to get it done

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug

Benito

Caught the Bug
I officially got the cage done! I finally got the poison spyder c pillars welded in and got the factory roll bar covers modified!

IMG_1477237070.398128.jpg

IMG_1477237107.264662.jpg

IMG_1477237126.156480.jpg

IMG_1477237144.962842.jpg

IMG_1477237158.956256.jpg

IMG_1477237177.839785.jpg

Benito

Caught the Bug
So last Saturday I did this:

IMG_1478366735.096974.jpg

I ordered a new ram, some hose and fittings on Sunday and received them on Wednesday.

Today I finally had a chance to remove the ram.

IMG_1478366868.841245.jpg

Making for a productive weekend!

Top Bottom