JD Powers is full of shit

Fires JK

I came across this article about the Wrangler and its obvious that they've never experienced the
Jeep wayalife.
Though some might argue the iconic Wrangler and its four-door Wrangler Unlimited version are among the best-performing off-road vehicles, they suffer from limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds. True, they get great resale value, but the Wranglers placed among the lowest scoring models in Consumer Reports’ testing, with the Unlimited also falling on its worst-values list; the original Jeep’s descendent also gets low marks in initial quality, performance and reliability from J.D. Power.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
eh, nothing new. JD Powers and all the other consumer reviews always give the Wrangler poor marks and based on the metric they're following, they're right in their assessment. Trust me, even the guys at FCA know it. Of course, we aren't the average consumer. :cool:

XJADDICTION

Banned
eh, nothing new. JD Powers and all the other consumer reviews always give the Wrangler poor marks and based on the metric they're following, they're right in their assessment. Trust me, even the guys at FCA know it. Of course, we aren't the average consumer. :cool:

Right on the mark. They have always given Jeep Wrangler low marks. They see 4 door SUV and often test ride the JKU after grading the likes of Lincoln, Land Rover etc.

They don't get it, we do. Honestly, people that don't get it, often own and love their mall crawler JK's. I have many soccer moms telling me they want a Rubicon. When I ask why, most say they like the sticker on the hood! [emoji23]I'm not kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Read the same Forbes article. The metrics are setup to measure road performance, fuel economy and creature comforts. None of us bought it for any of those reasons. It's a life style not unlike owning a Harley. If anything in those articles make a potential buyer hesitate, well then I guess they should just play it safe and buy a Prius.

Fires JK

Most people I know that get out off road for the first time love and start looking for there first 4x4. Obviously these people have never taken the Jeep off-road or they would think different. I guess that their views help keep idiots off the trails, better for us.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Most people I know that get out off road for the first time love and start looking for there first 4x4. Obviously these people have never taken the Jeep off-road or they would think different. I guess that their views help keep idiots off the trails, better for us.

Lol agreed.

Basscat

I came across this article about the Wrangler and its obvious that they've never experienced the
Jeep wayalife.
Though some might argue the iconic Wrangler and its four-door Wrangler Unlimited version are among the best-performing off-road vehicles, they suffer from limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds. True, they get great resale value, but the Wranglers placed among the lowest scoring models in Consumer Reports’ testing, with the Unlimited also falling on its worst-values list; the original Jeep’s descendent also gets low marks in initial quality, performance and reliability from J.D. Power.

That's all true. A Jeep Wrangler sucks as a car but that's not why we buy and build them.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
It's like bitching about how a Miata lacks interior space, is noisy, and has a harsh ride. Of course it does. It's a two seat convertible sports car.

JeepJeep75

It's kind of like a natural filtering method that keeps all the "average" drivers off the super dangerous, non-guardrailed, unpaved , no handicapped parking trails that we love. I'd prefer that most of the people that read Forbes, CR, and Car&Driver stay on their safe roads, in their lane that their car is doing it's best to keep them in as they text, eat, and don't pay any attention to the drive.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Funny. I've not come across any who didn't like their JK. SOME GRIPES, I've got mine, but the overall SPG (Smiles per gallon) is high. There are a -ton- of JKs in my area. Easily has 3-4% of the market. That's a lot of people that think they suck:)

Basscat

Funny. I've not come across any who didn't like their JK. SOME GRIPES, I've got mine, but the overall SPG (Smiles per gallon) is high. There are a -ton- of JKs in my area. Easily has 3-4% of the market. That's a lot of people that think they suck:)

I think you misinterpreted my comment. I said the Wrangler sucks as a car. I have no clue how the 3% to 4% of the market share in your area feels about them.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ranger4011

If the guys from JD toke out my CJ7 I bet they wouldn't make it out of the parking lot before calling whiplash -----those pansys-----
They need to grow a pair

Top Bottom