Jeep all over the place at hwy speed

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
seriously? you don't need the part number of a cam bolt but you do need to know whether he has them or not, also busting my balls or picking apart a post is not helping the OP one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You asking for part numbers is not helping either. In no way shape or form is a fucking part number relative.

And weren't you told to get bent for coming here to sell all your shit?

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Is the abs kicking in while going straight or on turns at high speeds? I’ve had abs kick in going around turns above 70 and found out a seal and bearing was going out on rear shaft and the Time ring was covered in fluid and the sensor couldn’t read it. Only time I’ve had abs kick in going straight was because my steering wheel was perfectly straight.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

schnauzer

You asking for part numbers is not helping either. In no way shape or form is a fucking part number relative.

And weren't you told to get bent for coming here to sell all your shit?

Still just trying to help out someone with an issue.

So your telling me that if someone listed parts it wouldn't help diagnosing an issue?

So what if this person was running a 2 inch lift with a track bar relocation bracket and a flipped draglink.

We could then tell them that the relocation bracket and the flipped draglink may be the issue and with such a low lift he was going to get frame contact on the passenger side at some point off road using that setup.

J

JKDream

So your telling me that if someone listed parts it wouldn't help diagnosing an issue?

So what if this person was running a 2 inch lift with a track bar relocation bracket and a flipped draglink.

We could then tell them that the relocation bracket and the flipped draglink may be the issue and with such a low lift he was going to get frame contact on the passenger side at some point off road using that setup.

seriously? you don't need the part number of a cam bolt but you do need to know whether he has them or not, also busting my balls or picking apart a post is not helping the OP one bit.

Maybe you should read his profile before going full retard.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Drag link flip with 2 inch lift won’t make a difference. Not to mention a part number for a 2” coil spring means absolutely nothing since it would lift a heavy 4 door, light 4 door, heavy 2 door and light 2 door all different heights. Meaning a 2” spring on a light 2 door could yield 4” of actual lift making a drag link flip and track bar relocation necessary.

Got any other tricks up your sleeve?

schnauzer

What tricks up my sleeve?

A pic like this would also help.

IMG_0628.jpg

What were the new rear control arm brackets for?

Last edited:

TNuggs13

Is the abs kicking in while going straight or on turns at high speeds? I’ve had abs kick in going around turns above 70 and found out a seal and bearing was going out on rear shaft and the Time ring was covered in fluid and the sensor couldn’t read it. Only time I’ve had abs kick in going straight was because my steering wheel was perfectly straight.

The problem is when I'm driving straight. In turns it seems to feel a little better and doesn't move around so much. I appreciate all the feedback everyone. I wish I knew more about this stuff and try to take in as much as I can in situations like this.

jeeeep

Hooked
It wasn't Rebel. I am taking it to a different shop to get a new set of eyes on it. I don't know enough to handle this myself.

you were linked to write-ups that explain how to do the simple checks - they really are simple.

I'd educate myself on the front suspension, there's not much to it but even if you have basic knowledge it would save you money in the long run.

beware if the shop tries to get you to buy a new steering stabilizer, adjustable track bar or really anything.

you should have asked the old shop what they set the caster angle at.

But, it's your money...

Top Bottom