Jeep Jamboree '83

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
I was lucky to be invited to the jamboree in 1983 by JEEP. At the time my Dad (Passed away Feb 2017 so this is for him) was part of the AMC board and coordinator of the Renault deal (first diesel engines in a CJ -anemic 2.0 Renault) AMC was kind enough to hand out a bunch of 1983 CJ7 Renegade finish 4 and 6 cyclinder versions with a mild kit and tires, cooler tent and kit in the back. IT WAS A BLAST. Here a few shots hope you enjoy them.

getting acquainted for some interl dealers
IMG_0530_resize.jpg
getting acquainted for some interl dealers
IMG_0529_resize.jpg
Staging zone in Georgetown
IMG_0531_resize.jpg
On the trail...guys in green are spotters (thanks)
IMG_0532_resize.jpg
IMG_0533_resize.jpg
IMG_0534_resize.jpg
Airport....might still be there?
IMG_0536_resize.jpg
IMG_0537_resize.jpg
The setup of the moment (rubicon springs
IMG_0538_resize.jpg
flattie time machine.....
IMG_0540_resize.jpg
My dad and I
IMG_0542_resize.jpg
sunk...
IMG_0543_resize.jpg
shiny dana

Attachments

• IMG_0541_resize.jpg
    IMG_0541_resize.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 194

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was lucky to be invited to the jamboree in 1983 by JEEP. At the time my Dad (Passed away Feb 2017 so this is for him) was part of the AMC board and coordinator of the Renault deal (first diesel engines in a CJ -anemic 2.0 Renault) AMC was kind enough to hand out a bunch of 1983 CJ7 Renegade finish 4 and 6 cyclinder versions with a mild kit and tires, cooler tent and kit in the back. IT WAS A BLAST. Here a few shots hope you enjoy them.

OMG!! This is such an AWESOME post!! Thank you so much for sharing these amazing pics! :thumb:

I am sorry to hear about your loss.

Amrth

Nostalgic!! Its such a pleasure to see a bunch of old offroading pictures. A nice tribute to your dad. Cheers to Him :beer:

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Now thats an awesome story to have. Thanks for sharing it with us. Sorry for your loss!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nostalgic!! Its such a pleasure to see a bunch of old offroading pictures. A nice tribute to your dad. Cheers to Him :beer:

For him a Miller plz.....

Such amazing pics and a nice throwback!

Sorry about your lose as well

Those pics were sitting around, been wanting to post them here since a while.....

Amazing to see essentially stock CJ-7s running the Rubicon. Thank you for sharing.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks all for my Dad.....he digged all the rigs seen here!!

Ddays

Hooked
Just an awesome post! That is so cool. Sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing those pics :thumb:

Top Bottom