jeep jk tranny questions ?

kimer82

so so i have a 2013 jeep jku.
not stock at all and mostly drivin on trails and rocks.
went through a 20km or so in rocky trails and all of a sudden the engine light came on. kept driving it to make her home and finally heared something snap. it was a good "ping" sound..

stopped the jeep and reved the engine since nothing was leaking or vibrating.. engine sounded like it was leaking air and the transmission was acting funny. The reverse would enguage but it kept rolling down hill if my foot wasnt on the gas. also the front drive shaft had a "wiggile" or feels like 1/2" play but rear drive shaft has zero play.

i am wondering if it's parking pin that has snapped or transmission slipping. it seems to enguage all the gears fine but rolls downhill when on reverse and rarely park.

its dark here so i will need to go under jeep tomorrow and hoping to find what went wrong.

if anyone had simular problem, info would be helpful!

Have you double checked to make sure that your transfer case is still fully engaged?

Have you double checked to make sure that your transfer case is still fully engaged?

yes tried 4 hi / low and seems to enguage but front drive shaft still very loose.
also going over 20km + will have grinding sound somewhere under the belly. seems like it is coming from components inside since i can't pinpoint where exactly it is coming from.

also putting it in reverse and park sometimes will make clunking noise which sounds very expensive to fix right about now...

took the jeep apart last 2 days.

found out front drive shaft U joint was busted and transfer case was also slipping real bad.

i am just happy it was not the transmission that went sour! Whoot!

Top Bottom