Jeepers who workout, weights and gym thread

run2jeepn

Caught the Bug
Was big into Powerlifting for a while. Kind of slacked the last 2 years and haven't even lifted much. Life then excuses just got in the way.

Competed in the 181lb Raw then 198lb Raw and Single Ply. I was a light 198lb. Never really had to drop weight much at the class. Local meets that's not a huge problem. Set a few State and National Records in all Lifts in both Classes.

These are my Best lifts done in Competition. Of course I've done a little better in Training, but doing it in front of Judges always makes it harder. Depth, Pauses, Lockout all being watched over by 3 Judges. 2nd set of Numbers are Gym PR's

Squat 655lb - 685lb
Bench 365lb - (455lb 2ply)
Deadlift 660lb

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171014-172224.jpg
    Screenshot_20171014-172224.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20171014-172339.jpg
    Screenshot_20171014-172339.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 16

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Decided to get some more dumbbells today as I anticipate stores won't have them in the coming weeks as we go through Kung Flu Round Two.

View attachment 365678

Good plan picking up those dumbbells.

During the height of ’Rona 1’ when all the gyms were closed it was almost impossible to buy any gym equipment. I managed to scrape together enough stuff to be able to do a decent workout at the house, however it took some time and was pricey. When round 2 is imposed and the gyms are closed again I’ll now have enough equipment to get a solid workout in. Some local gyms went through a period where they were open but wanted everyone to wear a mask while working out!?! 🖕🏻

WJCO

Meme King
Good plan picking up those dumbbells.

During the height of ’Rona 1’ when all the gyms were closed it was almost impossible to buy any gym equipment. I managed to scrape together enough stuff to be able to do a decent workout at the house, however it took some time and was pricey. When round 2 is imposed and the gyms are closed again I’ll now have enough equipment to get a solid workout in. Some local gyms went through a period where they were open but wanted everyone to wear a mask while working out!?! 🖕🏻
Good for you. I've been out of shape for a decade or so but got back into it within the last year (not because of covid. Just wanted to) and built a pretty decent home gym for now. Yeah, working out with a mask? No thanks.

WJCO

Meme King
It's been a year now since I've decided to improve my weight, health, etc. I've lost a total of 50 pounds. I'm at point now where I will probably still lose a little more or stay about the same and keep weight training. I plan to slowly aquire more gym equipment as well. Healthy food choices have really become part of my life and I see no reason to change it.

FFPulley77

Hooked
It's been a year now since I've decided to improve my weight, health, etc. I've lost a total of 50 pounds. I'm at point now where I will probably still lose a little more or stay about the same and keep weight training. I plan to slowly aquire more gym equipment as well. Healthy food choices have really become part of my life and I see no reason to change it.
9B9B17C1-010C-4D59-B1E2-C9F6E9111DDB.jpeg
I’m in the same boat. These 2 pictures are about 4 years apart. I was unhealthy, unhappy and a liability to my crew. Then a friend helped me turn it around.
Food played a huge part in it. I used to get the big meals at fast food restaurants and drank Dr. Pepper like it was water.
Now I try to eat foods with minimal processing and ingredients, drink water constantly, and eat less portions while trying to loosely hit macronutrients targets.
All I can say is congratulations on getting healthy and keep it up!!

WJCO

Meme King
View attachment 367176
I’m in the same boat. These 2 pictures are about 4 years apart. I was unhealthy, unhappy and a liability to my crew. Then a friend helped me turn it around.
Food played a huge part in it. I used to get the big meals at fast food restaurants and drank Dr. Pepper like it was water.
Now I try to eat foods with minimal processing and ingredients, drink water constantly, and eat less portions while trying to loosely hit macronutrients targets.
Thanks. Congrats to you too! That's awesome.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
View attachment 367176

WOW! That’s amazing, keep up the hard work!

Top Bottom