Jeepin' Across America, The Adventure Continues!

TheStick

Awesome trip and great photos. :thumb: Some very scenic trails, I need to get over there again before too long.

Thanks for sharing!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Beautiful pictures. We will be in Telluride for two weeks in September. Can't wait to get back and try out the new lift and tires. Did you do Poughkeepsie? I didn't see any pics from that trail. We got to The Wall last year and it started raining and then sleeting and no one was around so we chose not to try it alone that day. Hopefully this year.

I did, but I connected to it after the wall from California pass. I was with the wife, alone, with a fully loaded rig so I didn't want to try and tackle the poughkeepsie wall myself. There is nothing there that was worth the attempt.

Bearjew1

very cool i am from pa and i know what you mean about the people in the great north east :cheesy:have a fun time out there and stay safe on your journey:rock:

JKChad

Really appreciate you posting this. I just read through the whole post and really felt like I was on the adventure. My, soon to be, wife and I are wanting to do something of this caliber in the next year or two. I'm gonna have to bookmark this link for future use! Thank again!

rlew0083

I did, but I connected to it after the wall from California pass. I was with the wife, alone, with a fully loaded rig so I didn't want to try and tackle the poughkeepsie wall myself. There is nothing there that was worth the attempt.

Understand that. When the rain and sleet started coming down my wife and I looked at each other and decided, Nope! It rained and some snow mixed in all the way back down to the Mineral Creek Trail and then stopped when we got back to there. Oh well, another day I suppose!

Sure enjoyed your pictures and looks like you had a great trip. We drive out from Alabama so we know about the road trip across America but the trip to get there is half the fun. This will be our sixth year in a row to hit Telluride and explore the trails. Staying over in Durango this year so we can down a few beers too many at Steamwork's Brewery (love that place). If we could only find decent paying jobs we would move in a heartbeat. Thanks again for posting the pics. Gets me ready for our trip. Looking forward to another great trip plus we hit Telluride in time for the Blues & Brews festival that we have always wanted to go to.

Jeep says it is ready to go all decked out with a new lift and tires.

photo 4-2.jpg

Tigrcky

Next time you are in the colorado area you should hit up all the passes in the lake city area as well as the crested butte area lots of "pucker" trails. great moab training trails for sure!:rock:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Thanks for posting this thread!!! Love to live vicariously through other's adventures.

I gotta admit, I get a lot of inspiration from Eddie and the gang. Seeing their vids and pics makes me want to drop everything, pack the jeep, and GTFO out the NE. I think Im going to do Tahoe and the area next. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right? ;)

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Next time you are in the colorado area you should hit up all the passes in the lake city area as well as the crested butte area lots of "pucker" trails. great moab training trails for sure!:rock:

If Im with friends, absolutely. If Im with the wife, "pucker" passes are the last things I need. :cheesy: I will definitely check out other areas of Colorado in the coming future. I will hopefully be living there within 5 years so I am definitely looking forward to it!

SAR JK

Great thread. We're heading to Ouray on Monday and this was a great break from planning trails.
Thanks!

mills2244

Memories

Been on a lot of these trails. Awesome views. Thanks for reminding me why I need to go back. BTW next time you need to try Black Bear Pass. You will definitely not forget it. Great write-up.

electricjay

:clap2::clap2: Bravo!! Fantastic thread. For some reason the pics look better in this forum than another one... :clap2::clap2:

mrmet1983

awesome trip cant wait to take mine!! and imho u find assholes in every city big or small just the chances are increased in cities with more people lol more people = more assholes :rock:

Top Bottom