JK Brake Upgrade

JK LYF

Looking to upgrade my brakes/master cylinder on my 08 2dr. Can any of you point me in the right direction and/or offer recommendations?

OscarMike2.0

Those are nice! Did you upgrade your master cylinder, or was it not required?

There amazing and I wish I would have put them on sooner. I did not mess with the master cylinder because I was told it was sufficient. The older jks 7-11 I believe had a smaller master cylinder which Is why upgrading that is more common in older jks. Not 100% sure on that though. Someone will hopefully chime in who knows more about the subject.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can tell you what I'm getting when I upgrade. Dynatrac Pro Grip brake kit.

This ^^^

I have tested it against other brake upgrade systems and the Dynatrac ProGrip performs better than the competition, in many cases for a lot less and you don't have to mess with the plumbing or have to do a dealership ABS bleed afterwards. It's what I am running on Rubicat now.

JK LYF

This ^^^

I have tested it against other brake upgrade systems and the Dynatrac ProGrip performs better than the competition, in many cases for a lot less and you don't have to mess with the plumbing or have to do a dealership ABS bleed afterwards. It's what I am running on Rubicat now.

Finished reading up on it. I like it. Question, should I upgrade the master cylinder when these go in? I would think so, but not sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finished reading up on it. I like it. Question, should I upgrade the master cylinder when these go in? I would think so, but not sure.

You do NOT want to upgrade your MC with the ProGrip kit. Trust me, just install it as is and you will be extremely happy with what you get.

Top Bottom