Jk freedom top issues.

ldjernes

Ok I'll go long story semi short. It wrecked from a lady running a red light. My dad who is a body man and I have been fixing it we got the body back straight and fixed. Old hard top got ruined so I bought one from a guy who had one that was brand new never even put on a jeep and put it on mine. The hard top fits good the only problem I am having with it is that the freedom tops don't set all the way down, I think it's because the weather stripping is brand new but not sure.

jedg

It's ok thanks for the input tho.

eh... you're sure the body is back to normal shape... I'm doubtful... of course several have suggested you post photos... a photo isn't worth a thousand words but it's worth more than the description of the problem so far.

ldjernes

eh... you're sure the body is back to normal shape... I'm doubtful... of course several have suggested you post photos... a photo isn't worth a thousand words but it's worth more than the description of the problem so far.

I'm 100 percent sure it's straight. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449193862.425708.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
There is no way the body is back straight after that unless you replaced the body. A hair on one end is 3-4 inches on the opposite side. I don't care how good the shop (your dad) is. It just is not possible as the frame and body can't be stock after that.

ldjernes

Itl never be true factory again Ik that. But the body is straight trust me it is measured out to the t on how it's suppose to be. The main piece of the hard top fits just like it should from factory along with the freedom tops the only is they don't sit down all way. I'm not trying to come off as rude JAGS I'm just sure the body is straight

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Is your windshield in the proper place? It's almost like it's tilted a little far back causing the freedom panels to not drop all the way down.

Just a thought.

ldjernes

Is your windshield in the proper place? It's almost like it's tilted a little far back causing the freedom panels to not drop all the way down.

Just a thought.

Yea it is. We measured where it's supposed to be off of a another jeep and it's lined up right.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Yea it is. We measured where it's supposed to be off of a another jeep and it's lined up right.

I wouldn't take that as being right. I would find the actual measurement and use that.

Not that I'm saying that's what's wrong with yours. I would just want to make sure it's right.

ldjernes

I wouldn't take that as being right. I would find the actual measurement and use that.

Not that I'm saying that's what's wrong with yours. I would just want to make sure it's right.

I might check it again. But another way Ik it's right is because the holes in the roll bar that the sound bar is bolted too where the hand bolts for the freedom top go threw the thread part for those bolts are lined up in the center of that hole.

KJ_CJtoJK

Are the spacer blocks at the back of the freedom panels folded flat? When the freedom panels are installed with the top they need to be folded flat. When using the freedom panels without the top the spacer blocks are opened up to hold the panels farther up from the sport bar since they are no longer being supported by the top.

jeeeep

Hooked
Are the spacer blocks at the back of the freedom panels folded flat? When the freedom panels are installed with the top they need to be folded flat. When using the freedom panels without the top the spacer blocks are opened up to hold the panels farther up from the sport bar since they are no longer being supported by the top.

x2 on this, i just finished looking at my top because i couldn't remember which side the spacers were on, with the spacers down it's about the height in the pic

ldjernes

I think they are flat but I will check that tonight.

ldjernes

x2 on this, i just finished looking at my top because i couldn't remember which side the spacers were on, with the spacers down it's about the height in the pic

Could you post a pic of your top if you get a chance? Thanks

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The spacers are at the back of the freedom panels about in the middle of each panel and swivel up and down.

Top Bottom