Jk freedom top issues.

Dopey84

Are the spacer blocks at the back of the freedom panels folded flat? When the freedom panels are installed with the top they need to be folded flat. When using the freedom panels without the top the spacer blocks are opened up to hold the panels farther up from the sport bar since they are no longer being supported by the top.

x3 on this as well I made that
error when I ran just my front panels and thought something wasn't right then realizing they weren't folded where they were supposed to when putting the whole top on sat just like yours..

JKbrick

This makes more sense than the weatherstrip. If it were the weatherstrip then no tops would fit together when they are new

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just curious if I have them or not. Guess I'll have to check ..

I'm sure you do. If you ever decide to remove the back of your half cab and just want to run the freedom top like a bikini, you will need to fold the blocks down or else you can damage your top when you screw the knobs in.

I'm sure you do. If you ever decide to remove the back of your half cab and just want to run the freedom top like a bikini, you will need to fold the blocks down or else you can damage your top when you screw the knobs in.

I had no idea those were there and that needed to be done. Would have been nice to know given that I've run that way a time or two when getting caught in the rain.
:doh:

KYJeff

This had me scratching my head so after looking thru the stuff that came with my Jeep I found this. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449268320.607790.jpg

Lockdnloaded

You figure thus out? I had an issue with the windshield it was pulled a little to far back on the left side of my jeep. When I loosened the bolts where the windshield meets the roll bars I saw the left side kinda pop back into place like it was under pressure. You may try that. This would only take a few minutes. I loosened both sides then tightened them back up. The other thing I would do is take the top off and try it on the Jeep you are using to measure. That would tell you if this is a jeep issue or top issue. If the issue is the same on the other jeep then it is the top. If the top fits fine then you can dive in to see what the issue is on your jeep. Good luck and hope you figure it out.

Zstairlessone

The 07-16 hard tops are all functionally the same. I believe the 07-10 has a little smaller windows but other then that and the alignment pin right next to the door frame on the 11-16s, they're the same.

In 2010 they changed the way the Freedom Tops attach. '07 - '09 they latch to each other in the front. '10 and up the drivers side latches to a repositioned Footman loop and not to the passenger side top.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

ldjernes

Didn't mess with it yesterday trying to get our little one to sleep on her own. But I did do this before the top was on,my measurement was a tiny bit off and when I loosend the bolts it moved to the right spot.

Last edited:

ldjernes

In 2010 they changed the way the Freedom Tops attach. '07 - '09 they latch to each other in the front. '10 and up the drivers side latches to a repositioned Footman loop and not to the passenger side top.

Thanks for posting those pics I was wondering when they changed that front latch lever and if it is suppose to close on the footman loop.

Top Bottom