JK is leaning on the passenger side about 1/4 inch

Regnar

thats more then a 1/4 inch if its that noticeable, and if you are going to quote me then read what i said... i said water is 2 lbs HEAVIER then gasoline :doh: good way to piss me off

Maybe you should read what I said. I made a point that I'm heavier then 144 pounds. If anything its should level out or lean the other way.

jmatta33

When I turn right its stiff like the control are connected. When I turn left it leans even more like my control arms aren't connected. I plan on switching the coils around tomorrow. See if maybe that will help. What I can see from most people posting this this thread they assume quarter inch isn't a lot BUT that measuring it from the frame. When you look at the jeep from behind it looks a lot worse then it sounds. It's noticeable leaning passenger and it's not handling well at high speeds. This isn't an asthetic issue. There's an actually mechanical problem here.

so perhaps you should have eloborated that in your initial post and also maybe you want to throw in some measurements of the body as well...? By what you said in your last post, it sounds to me like maybe the shock on your passenger side has a blown seal. Try unbolting it and see if you can compress it easily by hand. If you can, then its a bad shock. If you cant, I dont know what to tell you.

Regnar

pretty much

So a 1/4" at the frame equates to a couple of inches at the top? Learn something new everyday.

It's a 4.5 in lift so basically it's carrying the whole body over. Hitting bumps in the highway and 65+ it gets a little squirrely right now.

Regnar

so perhaps you should have eloborated that in your initial post and also maybe you want to throw in some measurements of the body as well...? By what you said in your last post, it sounds to me like maybe the shock on your passenger side has a blown seal. Try unbolting it and see if you can compress it easily by hand. If you can, then its a bad shock. If you cant, I dont know what to tell you.

definitely try that tomorrow when I have it in the shop again tomorrow. Damn that will suck if I lost a shock that easily. Them blistein's aren't cheap and it's only got 1000 mile son it

Tigrcky

When I turn right its stiff like the control are connected. When I turn left it leans even more like my control arms aren't connected. I plan on switching the coils around tomorrow. See if maybe that will help. What I can see from most people posting this this thread they assume quarter inch isn't a lot BUT that measuring it from the frame. When you look at the jeep from behind it looks a lot worse then it sounds. It's noticeable leaning passenger and it's not handling well at high speeds. This isn't an asthetic issue. There's an actually mechanical problem here.

if there is a mechanical issue then you should give us more information, just oh it leans 1/4 to passenger and i dont like it just sounds to us like its just a spring issue, but if you are having hard lean to one side and no hard lean to the other side then something on your suspension is not articulating, id try loosing up all your control arm bolts with it on the ground then retighten to spec.

Regnar

:cheesy: I honestly laugh cause that's about what I was about to say. More rather, I was going to say, "I bet it looks pretty level with you sitting inside your Jeep." :D

it's leaning even when I'm sitting in it. There's a issue here. Left turns feel like the control arm is disconnected and right turns feel stiff like the control arm is connected. Hitting a bump at 65+ and it feels squirrely on the passenger side. not asthetic, it's mechanical and doesn't feel safe when I'm driving it.

Skid_Kid

How about some pics of the gangsta leaning rig? Some pics of the suspension might help also, kinda hard to diagnose without seeing anything but .25 inches being whined about.

SaddleTramp

Those of you who had actual constructive comments, appreciate your help.

I think everyone is being constructive...short of a track bar being loose, lean a little to the left and drive it like you stole it and don't worry about it. I'm not sure 1/4" isn't how it came off the line at Toledo, I wish mine only leaned a 1/4", those expensive drop brackets gotta make up for that though!

Maybe you should read what I said. I made a point that I'm heavier then 144 pounds. If anything its should level out or lean the other way.

Well since you feel the need to be an ass about a quarter inch, might I suggest a smaller passenger or maybe none at all? Or maybe just curb your OCD issues and live with being a quarter inch shorter than everyone else.

jmatta33

take some pictures and measurements from the top of your fender. if it leans that bad it should be noticeable...

Mitrig

You're complaining about a quarter inch? I'm getting my new suspension soon. Mine sits at like 2 inches lower on the side literally too pictures and I have 8 inches between tire and body on the driver side and 6.25 on passenger.

srosario

You're complaining about a quarter inch? I'm getting my new suspension soon. Mine sits at like 2 inches lower on the side literally too pictures and I have 8 inches between tire and body on the driver side and 6.25 on passenger.

LMFAO:clap2::clap2:
I love these community.

Top Bottom