JK overheating

jmatta33

Hate when Superchips is wrong

look at it this way. if you fully inflate your tire off of your vehicle and measure the circumference it will add up to be X inches. now imagine you put a ratchet strap the same width as the tire and you tighten it so its exerting say 1500lbs of force. measure the corcumference again and it will certainly be less than the original X inches. measuring to the top of the tire adds more height because the air gets pushed up from the weight of the vehicle on the tires. this is also why you measure from the center of the vehicle to the ground and not just any other point on your tire. feel free to test it out on your own. unless you are severely over inflated, the distance from center wheel to the bottom will be less than center wheel to the top. while the amount of difference may only be 1/2 inch or so, that 1/2 inch becomes exponentially greater with calculating speed and mileage.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Quick update, it ran a bit cooler but was unsure if it was due to the ton of rain we got or the reprogramming, I also rinsed the radiator once more with the hose and was surprised at the amount of dirt that came off the radiator so I guess it should stay cooler now.

Jorge

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Quick update, it ran a bit cooler but was unsure if it was due to the ton of rain we got or the reprogramming, I also rinsed the radiator once more with the hose and was surprised at the amount of dirt that came off the radiator so I guess it should stay cooler now.

Jorge

Glad to hear it's running cooler! Maybe give it another wash or two over the next few days and see if you get anymore mud out

jeeeep

Hooked
spend some good rinsing time on the backside of the radiator and make sure the fan and pulleys are clean. I had to take a stiff round paint brush to get it out of the pulley fins and backside of the fan

BitBucket

My 2014 (from day 1) would run up to 228-236 just cruising from time to time. It would then stay in the 212-228 range. Took it back to dealer because I thought it was the water pump. Dealer replaced thermostat housing no help. Still running to hot IMHO. Dealer finally replaced water pump now my rig runs constantly 192-203. When I wheel or idle a long time it will hit in the 218-228 range but fan kicks in and drops right back to normal range. Not sure if this helps but it sure helped me.

Nhfd01

I remeasured my tire size as you had mentioned the right way to do it, updated my programmer and speedo is perfect now. I was about an inch off following the instructions of the programmer. Thanks so much.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My 2014 (from day 1) would run up to 228-236 just cruising from time to time. It would then stay in the 212-228 range. Took it back to dealer because I thought it was the water pump. Dealer replaced thermostat housing no help. Still running to hot IMHO. Dealer finally replaced water pump now my rig runs constantly 192-203. When I wheel or idle a long time it will hit in the 218-228 range but fan kicks in and drops right back to normal range. Not sure if this helps but it sure helped me.

I'm not surprised. I know a lot of people have had issues with the 3.6L waterpump including me and had them changed under warranty. Although, I doubt this is the OP's problem being that things are already getting better.

I remeasured my tire size as you had mentioned the right way to do it, updated my programmer and speedo is perfect now. I was about an inch off following the instructions of the programmer. Thanks so much.

Glad to hear it. Not sure how such bad instructions make it out there but then, I wouldn't be where I'm at today if it weren't for them.

seanb123

Glad to hear it's running cooler! Maybe give it another wash or two over the next few days and see if you get anymore mud out

Not sure if you know this but what's behind the grill is the AC condenser (assuming same set up from 2007-2011) the radiator is behind that. I had some mud related over heating and what really helped was moving the top plastic piece and spaying the hose down behind the ac condenser and radiator

Edit: not speaking directly to you steve just adding on to what you said.

Brankz

I'm flushing the antifreeze today, started by dumping the coolant of the reservoir and I found this lol... Maybe that's my problem.... Check yours just in case
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418931038.950129.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418931048.174333.jpg

Top Bottom