JK Rear Cargo Storage Solution

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Yeah I wish the JKU rear seats were simpler to remove. I'm going to be putting them into long term storage after xmas and building metal locked storage in the dip there. It'll be a perfect place for valuables (spare shafts made from diamond, Elven mithril wrenches and the double handed battleaxe). Being low & central is a benefit. I'm actually surprised it isn't a more common thing that you can buy off the shelf.

Someone does make it - I've seen it but can't remember who.

holy_crap

For camping gear and things like that, I like to use these.

View attachment 115111

You can load them up and stuff them in your Jeep. Keeps everything nice and neat and when you're home again, you can just pull them out.

For things like my tools, I like to use heavy duty tool bags (several of them) as they don't take up any more room than they need to, can be stacked and shoved into corners with little effort. Again, you can leave them packed up and load them up when you're ready to go, pull them back out just as easily when you home again and, on the trail, they're easier to carry to whatever needs to be fixed.

Yup, something similar to this is what I use. It takes me less than 20 minutes to pack everything needed for a weekend of camping. I like to keep the soft stuff lose so I can stuff it in corners, also keeps stuff from moving around and rattling.

xkid

I like the action packers, but I use some soft bags also. You can stuff them into corners. Don't forget about under the rear seats if you have a 4 door. Lots of room under there.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

tuna

These guys used to but they don't sell it any more.

floor3.jpg

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I just bought the ARB one.... it is at my buddy's office. Had to be dropped off by freight. Hopefully will get it to my house this weekend.
Will get pics up soon. I just can't seem to keep the rear organized... I went this route hoping I can just throw my gear in there and be "done" with it.
:icon_crazy:

Edit
Added a pic, if what I "deal" with, I usually keep it more organized and tied down with a net or the like....

JKU-Rear_zps2e2d1ddb.jpg

My friends is going through the same problem and wants to get some trunk storage for his JKU. Here are a few sites that he has found that make drawers and storage systems. A little pricey and permanent but a really clean and nice system.

http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/newProductAdvice/2014/4DR_JKDrawer_retail.pdf

http://store.adventuretrailers.com/jk-composite-storage-stage-1/

http://www.truckvault.com/sub/Jeep/Wrangler/

Last edited:

Wardell

AT Overland Equipment makes one, but it only replaces the 60% rear seat on the passenger side. The driver's side in the back is also designed around their fridge & stove slide. Not a cheep setup, but if you're looking to sacrifice a seat for more storage it's a fairly slick setup:

http://store.adventuretrailers.com/jk-composite-storage-stage-1/

http://store.adventuretrailers.com/jk-composite-storage-stage-2/

Personally, I'd spend that money on either a roof rack or a trailer...

K.D.C.H

Storage in any JK is at a premium so I prefer the bag method when it comes to this. Take a look at the military bag option because they have put a lot of money into research and testing to make sure they are functional in several different areas.

They need to be light, hold a lot, be durable and be portable.

Remember that all of these manufactured storage solutions like the drawers, cabinets or anything else like that come with a lot of parts and unfortunately they inadvertently take up a lot of room themselves and even sometimes eliminate many of these small corners in the trunk that are often used to store small items. Yes you may have a drawer but it all adds up to less room overall.

The bags are also nice for loading and unloading that way when your not off road you still have full use of your trunk area.

taher2.1

I am using FRONT RUNNER SLIMLINE II INTERIOR RACK action packers. Three action packers fits perfectly on the rack and you can put camping chairs and other long small items on top

15736072605_4ea1c5fbbc_z.jpg

Don't forget the roll bars. I've got a 3 person tent, sleeping bag, fleece liner, and camping chair on the top and right side bars. On the left in the pouches, the top pouch contains my smaller camp items (KFS set, extra tent pegs, fire starters/matches/lighters, multitool, various small bungee cords, etc.), the bottom pouch contains various small tools/electrical repair items.

Those straps are velcro - found on amazon - and hold things up quite securely - even when off road.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I'm going for a secure place to store stuff when topless so the drawers or deck lids would work for me. All of my tools and such stay in the jeep at all times so the rear area is gone anyways.

JaySC

15736072605_4ea1c5fbbc_z.jpg

Don't forget the roll bars. I've got a 3 person tent, sleeping bag, fleece liner, and camping chair on the top and right side bars. On the left in the pouches, the top pouch contains my smaller camp items (KFS set, extra tent pegs, fire starters/matches/lighters, multitool, various small bungee cords, etc.), the bottom pouch contains various small tools/electrical repair items.

Those straps are velcro - found on amazon - and hold things up quite securely - even when off road.

That's maximizing space. Usually by the third bag I've forgotten what I put in the first.

NV375

......Usually by the third bag I've forgotten what I put in the first.

same here. When I loaded the compartments in my truck I had my wife make a list on her phone with the location. It has came in handy a few times.

Spudcannons

JK Unlimited Storage Options

I have too much unsecured things floating around my jeep. One issue is I have donated my trunk to my German Shepard in order to contain fur and save my back seats from too much abuse. I also have a passenger in the back row at times and would like to keep tools and spare parts in my rig without them turning them into potential missiles as well as soft top window bag and the top hold down for when it's put down. What are you guys doing with your gear/spare parts?

REKLESS-RED

I have too much unsecured things floating around my jeep. One issue is I have donated my trunk to my German Shepard in order to contain fur and save my back seats from too much abuse. I also have a passenger in the back row at times and would like to keep tools and spare parts in my rig without them turning them into potential missiles as well as soft top window bag and the top hold down for when it's put down. What are you guys doing with your gear/spare parts?

I'm running one of the only smittybilt things I think is not complete junk. Running the smittybilt g.e.a.r tailgate packs. All durable molle gear and holds a ton of gear with a substantial amount of weight. Never had an issue with it, holds all my gear and it's durable and easy to use.

I just recently installed an ORV Stealth Shelf and absolutely love it! I keep my tools in one bag, parts in another, and recovery stuff in the third bag. It relocates the sub and it sounds MUCH better in the new location.

IMG_20150514_142424583.jpg

Here is what the bottom of the box looks like. (I was mid install)

IMG_20150405_133723343_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom