JK Rear Cargo Storage Solution

DA RUNT

I just recently installed an ORV Stealth Shelf and absolutely love it! I keep my tools in one bag, parts in another, and recovery stuff in the third bag. It relocates the sub and it sounds MUCH better in the new location.

IMG_20150514_142424583.jpg

Here is what the bottom of the box looks like. (I was mid install)

IMG_20150405_133723343_HDR.jpg

Nice, I like that.

The ARB truck is the nicest one out there in my opinion but it is expensive! If you can stomach the cost it's worth it.

I looked at these, and ultimately liked that I could easily remove my stuff with three bags (Although I suppose I could still use bags with the ARB drawer). The biggest thing that kept me from going with it is I wanted to keep the deck a tad lower.

The ORV shelf isn't cheap either. I will say it is well made and fit perfectly though.

Spudcannons

I'm running one of the only smittybilt things I think is not complete junk. Running the smittybilt g.e.a.r tailgate packs. All durable molle gear and holds a ton of gear with a substantial amount of weight. Never had an issue with it, holds all my gear and it's durable and easy to use.

The ARB truck is the nicest one out there in my opinion but it is expensive! If you can stomach the cost it's worth it.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/9...9iD-HVgdVx2ozKrIv9YcjwwiPJQAGTDXM8BoC7kbw_wcB

View attachment 143070

Unfortunately that looks too tall for him too fit.

Spudcannons

I just recently installed an ORV Stealth Shelf and absolutely love it! I keep my tools in one bag, parts in another, and recovery stuff in the third bag. It relocates the sub and it sounds MUCH better in the new location.

That could possibly work. I might be able to squeeze him in if I undo the lower part of the safari straps.

How big are the bags?

Sorry I was out measuring and didn't see this.

I'm not sure of the dimensions I will do measure. They fir perfect where the sub is but there is room behind them on the two non-sub sides. I found a perfect plastic tote that fits behind them. One has our rain suits, and one has parts I need to keep dry.

8861192275_7303ef317b.jpg

Also thought this might help
8861460558_fdd8115570.jpg

Edit to add, Bags are 12x20x5.5-ish

Last edited:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I like the looks of both the ORV shelf and the ARB drawers. I ended up buying the Tuffy security deck with the non hinge lid. I just picked it up yesterday so I haven't installed it yet and have no real world experience with it yet. Figured if I ever decided to go with the ORV unit or the ARB one I could sell the tuffy one and recoup some money.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

That I like. Do you know what material it was made out of? Plywood, MDF, etc?

Wardell

The Grenadeacorp storage box Jorsn posted is a pretty good idea, if you have a hard top.

The same company is working on an enlarged storage cubby as well. You need to relocate the muffler (something like DynoMax's Rockcrawler or Evo spec Cat back exhausts would work good for this) and cut the existing cubby out of the floor to replace with their larger box, but it at least doubles the size. It shouldn't change the departure angle either since it only hangs as low as the factory muffler. They posted a pic on their facebook page, I'll see if I can find it again.

Top Bottom