Jk sector shaft thread repair

BertaNation

So while trying to remove the pitman arm I managed to damage some of the threads on the sector shaft. Has anyone had this problem and were u able to repair the threads.

WJCO

Meme King
So while trying to remove the pitman arm I managed to damage some of the threads on the sector shaft. Has anyone had this problem and were u able to repair the threads.

Any pictures? How bad is the damage? You may be able to find a die big enough to do that. I would try and repair it, but don't do anything unsafe if it ultimately won't work out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure you can find a die that's big enough but if you can, you should be able to clean it up with ease. If not, you can take a fine angle file and clean it up that way too.

EDIT: got busy for just a minute and see that I've been beatin to the punch :)

BertaNation

Not sure you can find a die that's big enough but if you can, you should be able to clean it up with ease. If not, you can take a fine angle file and clean it up that way too.

EDIT: got busy for just a minute and see that I've been beatin to the punch :)

I think it's a 7/8 but don't hold me to that. Some of my concern would be finding a die that big and not knowing the thread pitch. I may look for a file

WJCO

Meme King
I think it's a 7/8 but don't hold me to that. Some of my concern would be finding a die that big and not knowing the thread pitch. I may look for a file

If the nut is ok, take it with you to the store and find the proper bolt that threads into it, then you will at least know what kind of thread you're dealing with and look for the die accordingly.

Jeepnoub

You may be able to find a thread file that will work.

Looks like this

Attachments

• 1456770811364.jpg
    1456770811364.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 108

BertaNation

No luck w the file. I will try to figure out the size and thread pitch. Meanwhile anyone know of a sector shaft replacement for an 11 jk

jeeeep

Hooked
No luck w the file. I will try to figure out the size and thread pitch. Meanwhile anyone know of a sector shaft replacement for an 11 jk

I don't think you can replace just the sector shaft on the new models. you might try psc motorsports or the guys that make redneck ram to see if they can help :idontknow:

how bad are the threads buggered?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You can replace just the shaft on the Delphi boxes but not on the new Chinese boxes. I don't remember when they switched but it was around that time.

Top Bottom