JK to JL~ nobody waves?

Bigjimbo

How are you waving to them? Throwing the old V from the steering wheel or the Forrest Gump hand flail out the window?

Option b seems to work best for me.

UnfoldedPointedAmericanindianhorse-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

ka-bar

It’s been good weather here, so the top and doors came off 3 days ago. So I’m loving life, right? I’m a waving fool at all the jeeps. Seriously like 4 or 5 wave backs in 3 days. Kinda bums me out when people don’t wave. Around here, older jeeps always wave, and most of the JK’s are non wavers. People drive them but they aren’t Jeepers in their heart. *|||||||* ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

PatyWagon

It’s been good weather here, so the top and doors came off 3 days ago. So I’m loving life, right? I’m a waving fool at all the jeeps. Seriously like 4 or 5 wave backs in 3 days. Kinda bums me out when people don’t wave. Around here, older jeeps always wave, and most of the JK’s are non wavers. People drive them but they aren’t Jeepers in their heart. *|||||||* ❤️

Imho, if someone is gonna drive the most capable iconic vehicle named Jeep Wrangler they should know the history and respect it, I say it's the downfall at the dealers, every new buyer needs to sign an oath to maintain the tradition and wave! [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112]

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Imho, if someone is gonna drive the most capable iconic vehicle named Jeep Wrangler they should know the history and respect it, I say it's the downfall at the dealers, every new buyer needs to sign an oath to maintain the tradition and wave! [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112]

I totally agree with you on knowing and respecting history of our Wranglers.

Unfortunately for many owners their Wrangler is simply the most on trend transportation. Most of us here myself included our Wrangler are a way of life, our passion, and they also happen to be our transportation.

Topless and doorless, I've thrown out the first wave, got nothing back....and have yelled "sell it buy a pos car". It kind of helps.....

Have not passed a JL yet to see how things are up here....

Dmac08JK

someone is gonna drive the most capable iconic vehicle named Jeep Wrangler they should know the history and respect it, I say it's the downfall at the dealers, every new buyer needs to sign an oath to maintain the tradition and wave! [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112] [emoji112]

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. They should sign a oath. I’m from mass and I always wave it’s not even close on how many Wranglers don’t wave back and it gets me kinda pissed [emoji35] when then don’t wave [emoji112] back. #keepthewavealive

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Some of you, at least online, really get worked up over this. I see the exact same thing on the motorcycle side of the world. Harley’s don’t wave at non-Harley’s and the like. Lot of folks, either side of the divide, think the other side’s a bunch of sphincter muscles.

I like seeing who do/esn’t wave. Tells me who is/not part of the club, per se. :). Not enough time in a day to get wound up over it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

FallonJeeper

I seem to remember a definite absence in waves when the JK came out.

Especially 4 doors.

There ought to be some training and a test on Jeep history and tradition, including wave etiquette , before the keys are handed over.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

ka-bar

Some of you, at least online, really get worked up over this. I see the exact same thing on the motorcycle side of the world. Harley’s don’t wave at non-Harley’s and the like. Lot of folks, either side of the divide, think the other side’s a bunch of sphincter muscles.

I like seeing who do/esn’t wave. Tells me who is/not part of the club, per se. :). Not enough time in a day to get wound up over it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Totally agree. I wouldn’t say I get wound up over a non waver, just a little let down. It makes me happy when I see another Jeep and I don’t understand when someone, who drives a Jeep, doesn’t feel the same way [emoji848]

FallonJeeper

Well, truth be told, just buying or driving a Jeep doesn't make you automatically know about the wave. It took me a while before I figured it out. I just thought, "those Jeep guys are really friendly".

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

ka-bar

We’re the only people who read those things.... Perhaps the dealers should mention it.

In general, the dealers don’t know either. The wave really separates the Jeepers from the people who happen to drive Jeeps IMO. Side note - would you believe the salesman who sold mine didn’t even know how to drive a manual? He didn’t really believe I knew how to either [emoji23] until we were actually doing the test drive. I got the only manual on the lot

JRig

I quit crying about the “lack of respect” of some Jeep peeps. I wave at the “trail rated” badge; not the person behind the wheel. It’s like saluting an officer! If they wave back, “bonus”! If they don’t, no worries, I wasn’t waving at a person anyway, just showing respect to the badge!

PatyWagon

Think I've noticed one problem, one hand on the steering wheel and one hand holding a cell phone - uconnect means hands free come -- on folks use hands free and you'll be able to wave![emoji112]

JOHNNY_JEEP88

I wave at all Jeeps Jl,Jk,Yj,Cj etc... but usually only get a wave back from JKs hmmmm [emoji106]
All good I’ll still wave at all Jeeps if or even they don’t throw back [emoji482]

I’ll [emoji1309][emoji1309] them hahahaha

Chris1015

I saw a JL and they waved. Usually around me it's the ladies in a white JK or stock JK who seem to have no clue to wave.

Top Bottom