JK Unlimited Rubicon/Wrangler Suspension - Fitment Question - Control Arms?

TheDude73

Outside of a loose track bar, bad ball joints are literally the next biggest reason why people get death wobble.

Thanks - will inspect those tonight.

As of now the poly bushings are being returned and I'll be installing those 2015 take-off CAs. At that point all that will remain in the DW clean up will be to inspect the ball joints - if they appear to need replacing, I can do that Saturday and hopefully this wobble/DW will be history. And, having just bought this used, I'll at least have peace of mind knowing where the maintenance stands.

Thanks for the advice so far. I'll chime back in on whether it all worked.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
One thing I hadn't seen mentioned again was the arm count...there are definitely 8. Loctite should be fine but really isn't necessary if your bolts are torqued correctly. Ensure you torque them with your jeep sitting on the ground, not up in the air. I'm not ready to replace my arms, but I would have given you my 2015 set - they are great short arms but they are short arms and with any lift on a JK it rides like a bouncy castle with those arms in my experience.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ensure you torque them with your jeep sitting on the ground, not up in the air.

^^^ This is an important thing to note when working with bonded rubber bushing as are what you will have with factory control arms. Also, as mentioned, locktite is NOT necessary so long as you tighten your bolts to the proper torque setting.

Top Bottom