JK WRANGLER CB BAR Overhead Full Size CB Radio Mount

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you know if it will fit with a Rock Hard sport cage?

I need to upgrade from the Cobra 75 that I can't hear, and no one can hear me either.

There is no need for something like this if you have a Rock Hard cage. Just install a KC light mount for a tube on the center bar and mount your CB to it.

https://amzn.to/2D3T69W

main.php

This will clamp onto the front top bar of your Rock Hard Sport Cage and will even fit in between the center bars as shown.
main.php

main.php

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! I was wondering about the jks. Great product. [emoji106]

Thanks! I had actually come up with this idea for the JK but never bothered to do anything with it being that I already had a Rock Hard sport cage. The JL gave me the push to finally make it. :yup:

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Thanks! I had actually come up with this idea for the JK but never bothered to do anything with it being that I already had a Rock Hard sport cage. The JL gave me the push to finally make it. :yup:

Better late then never aha. I like how simple and functional it is. This is a good alternative to what I have now. My CB is to heavy for my rugged ridge mount and allows the radio to rattle, supper annoying aha.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SmileyFtW

Did you read the original post? You could have at least made your own thread about what you do to your Jeep. Kind of dickish to make that post, here.

Actually, I thought it was a nice *alternative* solution for mounting a cb along with other things. I am surprised at the hateful comments. No intent to hijack anything.

WJCO

Meme King
Actually, I thought it was a nice *alternative* solution for mounting a cb along with other things.

When you go to McDonalds, do you tell them that the Whopper is a nice *alternative* to their Big Mac ? :idontknow:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

SmileyFtW

Maybe you should try READING the original post before *assuming* things. :rolleyes2:

Simply click on the link below and select "JK" when ordering :yup:
https://www.wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-CB-BAR

I did read the entire post and found it to be interesting and a good solution. I thought this was an open forum about discussing all things Jeep and sharing of ideas, not a closed forum solely there to promote Eddie's products. I have watched most of the videos of the products that he's used to upgrade his new JL with great interest and I have learned a lot from them and I thank him for sharing.

I apologize if I offended you. Seems I poked a nerve in some posters; i did not intend that at all.

WJCO

Meme King
I thought this was an open forum about discussing all things Jeep and sharing of ideas, not a closed forum solely there to promote Eddie's products.

This particular thread was for promoting Eddie's product. Start a new thread if you want to share yours with others.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Eddie I think this is an awesome product! Now I want to upgrade to a full size CB. I wish I would have waited a short time because then I would have seen this instead of always rushing like I do. Its ok because my dad wants my Cobra 75 for his truck, lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I did read the entire post and found it to be interesting and a good solution.

Clearly, you're the kind of guy that chooses to see what he wants to see.

I thought this was an open forum about discussing all things Jeep and sharing of ideas, not a closed forum solely there to promote Eddie's products.

Funny, I could have sworn that I started this particular THREAD with a specific intent - to ANNOUNCE "that brackets are being made for it now and that I hope to have them ready to ship by next week." That's a far cry from creating a "closed forum" to promote products I'm making. But hey, I know this is all going in one ear and out the other for you.

I have watched most of the videos of the products that he's used to upgrade his new JL with great interest and I have learned a lot from them and I thank him for sharing.

I apologize if I offended you. Seems I poked a nerve in some posters; i did not intend that at all.

Of course you didn't - you're completely oblivious.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This particular thread was for promoting Eddie's product. Start a new thread if you want to share yours with others.

Guess you have to be a rocket surgeon or something to comprehend something so simple. :rolleyes2:

Eddie I think this is an awesome product! Now I want to upgrade to a full size CB. I wish I would have waited a short time because then I would have seen this instead of always rushing like I do. Its ok because my dad wants my Cobra 75 for his truck, lol.

LOL!! Well, if you ever decide to make the upgrade, I'll have one ready to ship to you :)

SkyNInja

Thank you

Thanks Eddie for re-directing me to the JK product of this.. I am also curious as to whether it will all work with the hard top on. I don't ever plan to remove the HT but I will someday remove the doors.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie for re-directing me to the JK product of this.. I am also curious as to whether it will all work with the hard top on. I don't ever plan to remove the HT but I will someday remove the doors.

What I can tell you is that when it's installed, it sits level with the roll bars and sits lower from the top than my Rock Hard Sport Cage and I had no issues running a hard top with it. Granted, I do have a 2007 JK and know that 2012's and up did have some issues with the Rock Hard cage but only because of their big clamps. Again, this is not something you'll have to deal with on my CB BAR.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Actually, I thought it was a nice *alternative* solution for mounting a cb along with other things. I am surprised at the hateful comments. No intent to hijack anything.

I see WJCO mentioned this, but you missed the point. This thread is about Wayoflife’s CB mount, and offering a copy to members.

Everyone is cool with the fact that there are alternative solutions, but those should be shared in another thread, not the thread promoting the mount in the original post. I don’t see why that is so difficult to understand.

opf16

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I have the CB BAR JK Wrangler brackets in and they're shipping now!

Unlike the JL CB BAR, the JK mounting brackets are straight and have slotted holes where they get bolted up to the CB BAR itself. Also, the brackets are universal and can be used on either side of your JK.
20180917192442-f60d7230-me.jpg

The brackets are slotted because the tolerances on a JK Wrangler vary a bit but ultimately, you'll want to have them set at about 49-1/4" eye to eye. You can make these adjustments on your JK.
20180917192434-66769125-me.jpg

Otherwise, installation of it is even easier than it is on the JL and all the hardware needed comes with the CB BAR. Please let me know if you have any questions. :cool:
What size & length are the bolts that attach the bar to the jeep frame? Had to remove mine about 18 months ago. Putting it back on now and the hardware is nowhere to be found. Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What size & length are the bolts that attach the bar to the jeep frame? Had to remove mine about 18 months ago. Putting it back on now and the hardware is nowhere to be found. Thanks.
I got your email and sent you a response there. :)

Top Bottom