JKUR on order - Have some questions

I've had my eye on the Dynatrac or Mopar BBK already, thanks for the suggestion. Have also been looking at the drag link flip kits as well as utilizing the RHD JK drag link and the Synergy insert. Thanks for the pertinent responses so far.

I can appreciate everyone's responses in regards to brand of lift but I have spoken with plenty of people who are happy with their RC lifts and have ridden in and driven my girlfriend's. The only reason I have even considered a long arm kit is for superior road comfort, absolutely no other reason. If I were mainly concerned with off-road performance I would build another SAS Ranger. Price isn't the driving factor guys, my personal experience is.

To clear some things up that apparently weren't clear in my initial post, and no disrespect is intended, however I may be new to Jeep ownership but not to 4wd's. I have a pretty good understanding of most of what I am asking about from first hand experience. I have also been reading this forum and about 4 others for several weeks prior to asking for first hand experience.

I will be running 35's, not 37's initially. I may at some point decide that I want 37's. I was leaning towards Trail Grapplers as I have ran these in several sizes on 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton trucks since they were introduced. I have been impressed so far with the Atturo tires on my gf's Jeep though, so much so they are in serious contention at this point.
I want to keep the factory wheels because I like them. It's not a cost issue, it's an appearance issue. My concern with them is tread wear if they are just too narrow. Never had an issue with 8" wide wheels in the past so didn't think the additional 1/2" would cause a major issue but wanted to hear some first hand experience.

I have read extensively on the supercharger kits. Adding that much power absolutely changes the situation as far as it applies to axle ratio. If a stock motor turns 37's with 5.13 gears they are not needed with a SC added, you would be wasting fuel by over revving the motor for the needed speed. I didn't regear my Super Duty with 40's because it had the power to turn the tires with ease. MPGs went up in town, down on the interstate. Adding that much power to the JK will result in the same scenario, it won't need those gears to turn the tires so regearing will result in the motor running at a higher RPM at the same rate of speed. However, the possibility of this being installed is very slim.

This is not a DD, i have a company truck so it may see 10,000 miles a year. I may tow my boat a half dozen times of year when I decide to pull it out of the marina to take to another lake or Florida. Several weeks to go before delivery. Thanks again.

wasting my time i know but super-duties are a whole different world from V6 Jeeps. Diesels just beg for forced air induction and have low end torque for days. V6's make there power at higher RPMS. Don't ruin your motor with something it wasn't designed for.

Super charger, 37" tire on stock gear ratio, how will the gearbox react to that in the long run?

I think that my little tiny 2 inch ome lift and 33" inch tires actually will perform better for much less money, especially in the long run.

Maybee I just dont get it but I do not undertand why some people wants to put on gigantic tires and lift ( and nothing else to match those things ) and in the next sentence declare the jeep will not be used for wheeling outside the tarmac.

Coda

Waste of time posting. A couple responses actually dealt with the questions I asked, the rest were just people feeling the need to express their opinion and smart ass comments...grow up. And I thought I might find a site not populated with typical Jeep douche bags.

caminton

Waste of time posting. A couple responses actually dealt with the questions I asked, the rest were just people feeling the need to express their opinion and smart ass comments...grow up. And I thought I might find a site not populated with typical Jeep douche bags.

Aaaaaaaand that's how this is gonna go. Oh boy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: I'll be honest and say that I just clicked on your post on my phone and haven't read anything else on this thread. Of course, based on what you've said, I think it's apparent that I don't need to. Clearly, you came on to this forum, a place where people "share their opinions" and you got your panties in a wad over something you didn't like to hear. Because of it, everyone here is now a "douche bag" and in need of "growing up". Classic.

WJCO

Meme King
I came here with my mind made up because I had all the answers, but asked for advice anyways. Then when nobody agreed with my opinion I got pissed off and threw a fit .

Fixed it for you. Sorry this site didn't work out for you.

JAGS

Hooked
New guy to Jeeps and the site.

My questions are as follows:

Thanks for the opinions guys, I don't have a lot of knowledge of JK's or Jeeps in general other than what I've read online. I wheeled a full width straight axled Ranger so that's where my hands on experience comes in and that type of wheeling is not in my future.

Weird. You're the one who asked for "opinions."

I mean, since you don't have that much jeep knowledge and all.

Welcome to Wayalife. [emoji106]

Ddays

Hooked
And I tried to play all nice & easy....fuck that. I think I like the Overlander method...Defcon 1 & nuke 'em...

Jk_nate

I'm proud to be a jeep douche bag if that means knowing rough country lifts are huge piles of shit!

jagrubb99

And I tried to play all nice & easy....fuck that. I think I like the Overlander method...Defcon 1 & nuke 'em...

Is it just me or has he seemed more civil lately? Ive been disappointed in all patience he's had with people in the last week..

Draconianwinter

Well one thing is very certain. His new jeep won't be running for long and that is if he just rips his rear end or the drive shaft out and not wreck it towing that boat of his. And while I have actually heard allot of good things about the rip turbo charger system he will just just twist the drive shat or the axel out with it towing that boat. I only say this because I have seen it happen many times, and oddly enough all with boats. And that is if the wind doesn't cause him to lose control and wreck as he will likely try and drive it as he would if it were a diesel truck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom