JL broke down!

98XJ06LJ

I would assume that the neutral safety switch is no longer relevant with the start/stop feature seeing as that it now auto starts in gear. Times have definitely changed when the major contributing factor to being stranded on the side of the road is a software glitch instead of a mechanical failure...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

critter812

Guess it was a communication issue with the trans or shifter module! instead of fixing it they swapped him into a different jeep!

27336453_10105703448205941_454577837206946484_n.jpg

trailraider

fuel mileage is really good. get 12 miles for the price of 6.

my interest is when will the first recall be out for it? i give it 2 weeks. and then how long to get it once announced.

jeeeep

Hooked
communication error...note to self - resist the urge to buy until there's a way to disable start/stop.

I'd prefer it to run until I shut it off

except I must say the white rubi I looked at looked good on me :doh:

I'd have Red, White and Blue Jeeps!

Sahara_Maverick

It looks like Chrysler still could not figure these comm errors out until now, eh?

My 07 JKU had the comm error between the wiper module and TIPM that was causing the TIPM to go haywire and killing the engine, randomly.

After 11 years they still did not figure that out, and keep adding more crap prone to failure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

KICKROX

Well, with the blinkers being on the high fenders now.. maybe the blinker fluid is having a hard time getting to the blinkers and it just died. Damn blinker fluid... gets you every time.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Back on topic for just a sec, I wonder if this may have anything to do with the start/stop function. Maybe it wouldn't start back up after coming to a stop.
Actually you're onto something. Appears it was not the issue here but in the MINI'S and BMWs it was an issue for a while. Fixed with reprogramming. So we will probably hear it sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Recurve

It looks like Chrysler still could not figure these comm errors out until now, eh?

My 07 JKU had the comm error between the wiper module and TIPM that was causing the TIPM to go haywire and killing the engine, randomly.

After 11 years they still did not figure that out, and keep adding more crap prone to failure.

That sounds like a grounding issue.

My 08 shut off on me in the middle of downtown traffic. I got it off the road, when I turned my ignition my wipers would turn on. I figured had to been a loose ground.
Low an behold I started pulling on grounds an my one ground cable was loose on the frame. Tighten down the bolt an everything went back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sahara_Maverick

That sounds like a grounding issue.

My 08 shut off on me in the middle of downtown traffic. I got it off the road, when I turned my ignition my wipers would turn on. I figured had to been a loose ground.
Low an behold I started pulling on grounds an my one ground cable was loose on the frame. Tighten down the bolt an everything went back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Nope. It was the modules failure. One dealer could not figure out.
An auto shop found the TIPM failed but the issue was still going on.
Took to another dealer that found the wipers' module was failing and causing the new TIPM going haywire.
New module fixed it. However, they confirmed it's a known issue that Chrysler still did not fix so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom