JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 2 | Rock Crawling Fun in Arizona

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
What an amazing video and unreal terrain! If I saw just a snapshot of Mel’s rig I would’ve bet he went over. I’m very surprised and glad he didn’t.

Looking forward to the next one! 🤙🏽

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Wow, that was definitely a tight trail for Jeeps, and I think that was as far as you could tip a Jeep! Good recovery all.

Roo4JK

Awesome video Eddie & Cindy !! Always very nice to see them.
Great job with JET LI with these specifications. And keeping the shiny side up.

I love the design of the new shot glasses, but do not expect you send it to the Netherlands in Europe...
No problem, no worries. I understand. :cool:

Damn, so that’s why JLs kept the flat sides, wonderful video! It’s like a graduate program in Jeepin. It should be required watching. Watching you and Mel help get those guys out was brilliant. I never would have thought of using tire pressure and the Hi lift to turn. Super job on capturing the feel of the run. The video work on the ridge at sunset was special. Thanks for all the hard work to share it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 2 | Rock Crawling in Arizona

Once again awesome! You left one part out a whole lot of skill/experience. Cindy amazing driving. Part 3 please. Quick question with a good spotter could a amateur do this. I’m still learning it’s hard to put that trust into who ever it is. Find my wife to be really amazing at it so far better than some of the people I wheel with granted we are all new to rock crawling.

Last edited:

OldNavyChief

Never had so much fun on a trail (vicariously of course)! What an exciting edge of your seat video, well done and keep them coming. Thanks for that.

Tex Pierce

Reunion part 2

OMG, had me on the edge of my seat. The scraping, scratching, tipping and breaking, had me cringing, clenching my fist, holding my breath watching with 1 eye open. So intense. Awesome job, awesome video. Great job and thank you so much for taking the time to film it all so we all can ride along with yall.

Fred WS

A1 +++++++++++

As I quoted on Your YOUTUBE site.... That was 39minutes and 10 Seconds of Awesome!

PS... You mention the Film Crew... Is there a Link to another Video of this Trip?

briand

I like the new shot glasses! As usual, the video you got was great. Keep up the good work and Happy Thanksgiving.

JAGS

Hooked
All new rigs and no fucks given. That’s hard core man. [emoji51] Great video and can’t hardly tell this isn’t standard production. Nice!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hah, just popped up on YouTube, watching now.

Awesome! We hope you enjoyed it :)

I like the new glasses! Tuning in.

Like the look of the new shot glasses! Will be watching the new video when I get home. I am sure it will be great as always.

Love the new glasses! Got halfway thru then family duties called. I’ll watch the rest at work tomorrow lol.

Thanks! We were out of the old glasses and thought it was time for a new design. Glad you liked it and hope you enjoyed the video :)

Awesome video, looks like another slow day at the mall[emoji23][emoji1303]

LOL!! Yeah, the speed bumps were bit bigger at this mall. Had to slow down a bit for them :crazyeyes:

Those glasses are awesome! Would look great sitting next to my original set! That video was intense! Mel almost flopping had me on the edge of my seat! Great job as always!

Glad you liked the new design and we're so glad that we were able to capture the moment well enough to share it with people like you :)

Man what an epic day. You guys really got into some shit out there. Really enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, the trails out in Mel's neck of the woods are the real deal. With the exception of Loren, the guy driving the big Nitto JL on 40's and coilovers, NOBODY came out of it unscathed.

Great video, so much ouch! Lol

LOL! Yes, there was a bit of ouch going on that day.

Wow, insane. Mel on two wheels was crazy. He can handle Jeep in a bad situation better than anyone!

Awesome video and run Eddie and Cindy!

LOL!! So glad you enjoyed our video :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Killer video! Really enjoyed this one! Looks like the tactical off-road Jeep was having a really bad day... bunch of body damage... looks like an awesome day[emoji106]

The problem with Tactical Off-Road was that they came to the JLX running 40" Trail Grapplers on factory axles. Everyone was giving him grief about it and to be fair, even he knew that it was probably going to be a problem. He did have ProRocks on order but should have run the trail with 37's. Definitely a tough day for everyone but a hell of a lot of fun.

Awesome video as usual!

Thank you, we're so glad you liked it :)

Love the new design. Another great video to make us feel as though we were present for the carnage!

Thank you, that's what we hope to do and glad that you feel that way. Also, glad you liked the new design :)

OH NO and I recently asked you about body damage when not running a bumper. OUCH man that sucks. Great video tho.

Yeah, unlike the JK before, the JL quarter panel pinch seams hang pretty low. Sucks because I really hate running bumpers but we'll need to protect these points with something.

Wow, what a trip. Looked really intense. What better group to have in those situations. They all knew exactly what to do to keep everyone safe and get off the trail. That sucks about the body damage. Thanks for sharing the trip. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Also love the new design on the glasses.

Thanks, glad you like the new design and yes, it's always good to run a trail like this with people who know what they're doing. :yup:

Great video!!! I leave close to this area and really need to go out and find some of these trails. :thumb:

You guys have a lot of fun trails out that way for sure.

That there was a full day of gnarly obstacles. Doesn't look like anyone made it through untouched. Great video as always. I hope day three went a little less dramatic but full of fun stuff as well.
p.s. Love the new shot glasses.

I think the only person to come out without a scratch was Loren. It was a tough trail for sure.
Glad you like the new shot glasses :cool:

Amazing video! Unreal what you guys did with the rancho lift. Nice team work on the recovery on the tactial offroad jeep.

It really was amazing what we were able to do with the Rancho lift. I think others in our group were impressed as well.

This was perfect and one of the best to date. I’ve really enjoyed the more organic style of shooting and editing since you guys started with Jet Li way back when you first took him out with Doug in last chance canyon. Bummer about the damage but what better place to earn the scars. Now we know where the SEMA Jeep donated it’s axles to. New glasses look awesome. Can’t wait for part 3. Big thanks to you guys for sharing with us.

LOL!! Well, we're glad you like our new style because it's the only thing we can do to even attempt to keep up with the feverish pace we've been on to put out videos. :crazyeyes:

That was gnarly rock crawling out in Arizona. Sucks to see you got some body damage. Mel almost laying his rig over was crazy. Bitchin video. Thanks.

Oh yeah, the trail was something we would have normally taken Moby through and at a slower pace. Glad you liked the video :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. That was intense to watch. Crazy terrain.

LOL!! Glad to know we were able to capture a bit of what it was really like out there. :crazyeyes:

Like the new shot glasses! Enjoyed the video.

Awesome, thanks and glad to hear it :)

Wow, Some pretty tense moments out there. Excellent video! Thank you!!! Cant wait for the next one and a great way to start Thanksgiving holiday.
Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

BTW Cindy drove awesome!!!

Yeah, Cindy is without question, one of the best drivers I know and I'm not just saying that because she's my wife. She calm, deliberate, has great throttle control
and a good sense about what she's doing. Glad you liked the video and Happy Thanksgiving to you :)

Great video!! Tactical boys had pretty long faces.......hopefully their day 3 is better:D

It was a tough day for them for sure but a solid reminder that running 40's on factory axles on a trail like this is just asking for trouble.

Crazy trails! Thanks again for another great video! Very intense indeed!

So glad to hear you enjoyed the video :)

Great video! Love the trails around Laughlin! Thanks for sharing.

Oh yeah, the trails out that way are a lot of fun :)

Awesome video. Nerve racking!

LOL!! Nerve wracking is what makes a trail like this so much fun :yup:

Holy shit!! that was intense!

Mel wasnt kidding about the tough part, thought for sure he was going over on his top but then realized he set it up for the camera :icon_crazy::eek:

Tactical Jeep was having a rough day, what all did they break?

The Rancho diff-skid looks like it took a beating. Also good to see how well the coil/shock combination worked.

Everyone get body damage on that section?

Video was awesome! going to watch it again :thumb:

:cheesy: ya got us. That whole near tip with Mel was completely staged for dramatic effect :D

Tactical ended up breaking a u-joint and ring and pinion.

All the Rancho gear worked AWESOME. It was hard to believe that we were able to keep up with the big boys with it.

Everyone but Nitto took on a few bumps and bruises. Everyone on 37's took out fenders, broke tail lights or did body damage.

Now that looks like a fun area of the desert! When we going?

Another great video!

Thanks! Would love to get out there and do it again for sure. Let's plan it :yup:

I agree with Adam... future New Years run venue.... [emoji848][emoji6]

:cheesy: I don't think most of the people who come to that event would meet the minimum requirements. :crazyeyes:

LOL!! Glad to know we were able to capture a bit of what it was really like out there. :crazyeyes:

Awesome, thanks and glad to hear it :)

Yeah, Cindy is without question, one of the best drivers I know and I'm not just saying that because she's my wife. She calm, deliberate, has great throttle control
and a good sense about what she's doing. Glad you liked the video and Happy Thanksgiving to you :)

It was a tough day for them for sure but a solid reminder that running 40's on factory axles on a trail like this is just asking for trouble.

So glad to hear you enjoyed the video :)

Oh yeah, the trails out that way are a lot of fun :)

LOL!! Nerve wracking is what makes a trail like this so much fun :yup:

:cheesy: ya got us. That whole near tip with Mel was completely staged for dramatic effect :D

Tactical ended up breaking a u-joint and ring and pinion.

All the Rancho gear worked AWESOME. It was hard to believe that we were able to keep up with the big boys with it.

Everyone but Nitto took on a few bumps and bruises. Everyone on 37's took out fenders, broke tail lights or did body damage.

Thanks! Would love to get out there and do it again for sure. Let's plan it :yup:

:cheesy: I don't think most of the people who come to that event would meet the minimum requirements. :crazyeyes:

Ha! I imagine not.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What a lot of rock and sticky stuff to get in tired and feet

LOL!! Yup, that's pretty much what the trail was :crazyeyes:

Now I’m back to not liking the east coast. Super job on both videos.

There's a reason why we live where we live for sure :yup:

Mel's comments are hilarious... "We're gonna end up down there." Lol... Thanks for bringing us along Eddie & Cindy. Great Part 2.

:cheesy: Standing up there and looking down, you have no idea how intimidating that obstacle looked. The camera simply can't do it justice and yeah, hearing Mel say what he did was pretty damn funny. What you don't see in the video was where we were originally standing before he started his descent. Mel started to creep down, stopped and said something to the effect that we were going to die if we didn't move. He said he was most likely going to have to throttle out and where we were was where he was going to roll. :crazyeyes:

Wow I was biting my nails when Mel nearly went over!

Bummer about the body damage.

How about those fans! [emoji23].

Awesome footage! Great job!

:cheesy: Damn those angry fans were pissy for sure. Mel almost going over was breath stealing for sure. :crazyeyes:

Looks like you guys are having a blast! Thought Mel was going over. Great video, even if your not the official filming crew, you guys got some amazing shots!

Thank you, we really appreciate it. It really was hard that we could only film what we could and so hoped we were able to get enough to tell a story. We're so glad that you're okay with the substandard quality of our Sony Handycam.

Is anxiety normal just watching a video? Great video again!! Great driving Cindy..

:cheesy: We're so glad that we could invoke anxiety like that :D

Great video, really intense. That sucks about the body damage, I thought Mel was going over on that one. Beautiful sunset on that ridge. Thanks for sharing again.

Thank you, we're so glad you enjoyed it :)

Some tough wheeling there. That white Jeep had a bad day.

It was a tough trail for sure. It was also a reminder of why running 40's on a factory axle is a bad idea. At least, if you play with your Jeep as hard as you think you do.

Another outstanding video no doubt filmed under difficult conditions. Way to go WAYALIFE!!

Thank you. The hardest part about filming a run like this is the pace and constant pressure to keep up with the group. There are so many great obstacles but only so much you can actually capture and not get left behind. Glad to know we were able to get and share some of it with you. :cool:

That's was killer...and the small cacti reminded me of a Star Trek episode..."The Trouble With Tribbles"...

:cheesy: I think Cindy said the same thing that day.

GCM 2

JL-EXPERIENCE : REUNION - PART 2 | Rock Crawling in Arizona

.......Quick question with a good spotter could a amateur do this. I’m still learning it’s hard to put that trust into who ever it is.

Hey there Edwrds, I’m actually the guy in the red T-shirt doing the majority of the spotting in the video......yes, you absolutely could do this as an amateur with a knowledgeable spotter. A little behind the scenes info here- more than half the rigs on the JL Experience had drivers that were completely over their heads on this trail. I spent most of my time concentrating on bringing them through obstacles and building their confidence in the Jeeps capabilities as well as their own abilities. When spotting for Mel, Cindy/Eddie, Harris, Loren Healy and Kelly (driving Mel’s full size Chevy know as Chase 21 or the Ultimate Z71) it is almost not even needed for 75% of the obstacles due to their level of comfort/confidence in their abilities and knowing the Jeep and what it will and will not do at the Jeeps current level of build (example; having 35” tires vs 40” tires).

The video shows what is truly minor damage, but even that is never the intention of any wheeling event. We truly are having a great time out there, despite some dings and dents. Be realistic and know that you can’t get better at anything by staying where you feel comfortable. Challenge yourself, but be willing to accept the risk. And the most important part of any event you take on in life- Start With A Good Attitude.

Cindy/Eddie.....WOW! Such an incredible team you two are. We are truly lucky to have had you on the event capturing it all. You guys are continuing to bring people into the world of off-roading from your down home documentary style footage. As I was watching this I caught myself saying “how cool would this have been to be a part of!”

It was so great to wheel with you two again, such an honor and a blessing. Until next time my friends........

Top Bottom