JL hood latches on a JK

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Ok, this was so easy to do!!! You’ll need a 10mm, a 13mm and of you want to keep the plastic tangs on the latches, a drill. View attachment 299687

Used our air grinder to widen and cut the two bottom holes a tad deeper. View attachment 299688

And There you have it! View attachment 299689

It does open up the gap a little in the front and “widens” the hood just a smidge[emoji23]. But, so worth it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks Great! Thanks for confirming how easy this modification is. It’s on my short list.

bill32

Just installed the JL hood latches on a Jk. I kept the tabs on and used a dremel with a small grinding head to make the bottom holes were it is needed larger in order for the bottom latch to fit. There must be a reson for these tabs. I like the fit and looks of these better than the Rugged Ridge or Drakes that I have used. Again very easy to install.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I like the look of the latches on my jl but the jeep get hood flutter when windy or passing semi trucks, how is it on the jk do you get hood flutter?

Weird, I've had my JL at 85 or so in high winds and passing trucks... no hood flutter at all.

The JK was terrible, went with the Rugged Ridge latches. They were great and stopped the flutter completely.

WhiteMetal

Weird, I've had my JL at 85 or so in high winds and passing trucks... no hood flutter at all.

The JK was terrible, went with the Rugged Ridge latches. They were great and stopped the flutter completely.

Well that sucks i figured everyone would have this same problem. Why can’t I luck out like this on the lottery.

WW_Svi

Well that sucks i figured everyone would have this same problem. Why can’t I luck out like this on the lottery.

I’ve noticed some flutter on my JL when going 75, but I’ve been thinking it’s more flex in the hood and not the latches. The few times it’s happened it seems to be the center of the hood and not near the latches.

jdofmemi

Put mine on tonight. I think they look good, and they feel solid. They actually pull the fender and hood together.

The true test will be when I hit 80+ and look up over the cage bar to see if I still have wings, or if a hood has taken their place.

Had to drill out the lowers, and used the photo from Strike Force Zebra in this thread.
Hardest part was pulling my inner liners out, and now I have a bunch of small projects I can get to.

Attachments

• IMG_20190306_175116-1008x756.jpg
    IMG_20190306_175116-1008x756.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20190306_213647-756x1008.jpg
    IMG_20190306_213647-756x1008.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 156

Lojo

IMG_4443.JPG
I put some on a while back. Solved the hood flutter problem totally. Hood lines are also even. Just had to oblong holes in hood to raise the hood portion of the latch so it all aligned. Bottom stayed in place.

Last edited:
Top Bottom