JL / JT Experience 2019 Mega Thread

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone. Been a hell of a long couple of days. Glad you're enjoying some of the pics we've been getting up. :cool:

Looks great!!! Drive safe!!! We’re you not able to get a roof top tent in time?

Unfortunately, no. The build took a bit longer than we had planned and we just couldn't find time to do anything with the RTT. Gonna have to wait till we get back.

So cool! Did guy get your springs swapped out in time?

The coils we were supposed to get from King never came in. Apparently, they showed up today. We ended up getting Eibach springs from Summit BUT... they're still too soft. After loading up our JT, the rear end sagged almost to where it had before. After setting preload to 3.5", we got the bump stops off the extensions but just. Gonna have to get heavier springs.

I’m at the airport and will be on the east coast in 6 hours...I’ll look out the window for you...

LOL - awesome

You guys don't rest!

There's plenty of time to rest when we're dead :)

Are you guys bringing an extra set of rock sliders? Lol

:cheesy: Good eye!! They're for David. His JT is a Sport and Mel didn't have any rockers ready to be installed.

Looks like a great trip! I'm curious what the MPG is at with the 40's and 5.38's?

MPG has gone down quite a bit. Granted, we've only been averaging 9-12 MPG but then, that's doing 80-85 MPH and going up and down mountains.

You guys are hauling ass!

Trying :crazyeyes:

Nebraska and Kansas don't deserve signs.

:cheesy:

robx251

Caught the Bug
Looking great guys. Hope you enioy new England and if you get up in northern new England you take the time to truly enjoy our beautiful fall foliage.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
The coils we were supposed to get from King never came in. Apparently, they showed up today. We ended up getting Eibach springs from Summit BUT... they're still too soft. After loading up our JT, the rear end sagged almost to where it had before. After setting preload to 3.5", we got the bump stops off the extensions but just. Gonna have to get heavier springs.

Looks like Mel hasn’t left yet, he must be flying out. Just have him pack them in his carry on! 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking great guys. Hope you enioy new England and if you get up in northern new England you take the time to truly enjoy our beautiful fall foliage.

I'm pretty sure that's a big part of why we're heading up now instead of after SEMA like last year :yup:

Did you spray a rust inhibitor on all those beautiful suspension components underneath? Shit rusts pretty quick out here on the east. lol !!!

LOL - unfortunately, no :crazyeyes:

Looks like Mel hasn’t left yet, he must be flying out. Just have him pack them in his carry on! 🤪

Yeah, Randy has Mel's JL on his trailer and is on his way out now. Mel will be flying out so that he can be all rested up and fresh for the trip :D

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Fun watching your progress so far, cant wait to see more pics as you make it across to the wrong coast :rolleyes2:

Top Bottom