JL Rubicon to be Sold along side the JK Wrangler Classic or Wrangler Heritage?

Which Wrangler would you want?

• JK Classic

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • JK Heritage

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • JL Rubicon?

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

Sahara_Maverick

What do the Classic & Heritage packages consist of?
Gotta have the solid facts to decide.

Norm

Same here. And what does the actual JL looks like and has in its packages.

Furthermore, we all know that first productions usually come with several bugs that need ironing out.

So far I have not seen any Wrangler model released after my 07 JKU that was worth the upgrade costs. Add the usual new models issues and I might hold a bit more before deciding which way to go.

And I personally dislike all the fluffly stuff Chrysler added to the Wranglers such as buttons on the steering wheel and other mall crawler options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
So far I have not seen any Wrangler model released after my 07 JKU that was worth the upgrade costs. Add the usual new models issues and I might hold a bit more before deciding which way to go.

And I personally dislike all the fluffly stuff Chrysler added to the Wranglers such as buttons on the steering wheel and other mall crawler options. ]

:thinking: Who shit in your cornflakes Mav?
3.6 vs 3.8 ain't even a discussion anymore. What the hell are mall crawler options? radio controls? cruise control? :idontknow:

SDG

Caught the Bug
So far I have not seen any Wrangler model released after my 07 JKU that was worth the upgrade costs.

And I personally dislike all the fluffly stuff Chrysler added to the Wranglers such as buttons on the steering wheel and other mall crawler options.

Yup, having cruise control and being able to control it from the wheel like every other vehicle/truck on the market is super fluffy, especially for long treks to and from the trail.

The 3.6 was a shit upgrade too, couple that with being able to see fluid temps and pressures... such useless fluff!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
What the hell are mall crawler options? radio controls? cruise control? :idontknow:

Don't you know? Any new add on that makes driving a Jeep more comfortable is a "mall crawler" option. Things like A/C, heat, cruise control and a radio, all qualify. A "real Jeeper" is supposed to suffer every time they drive their Jeep. [emoji854]

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
:thinking: Who shit in your cornflakes Mav?
3.6 vs 3.8 ain't even a discussion anymore. What the hell are mall crawler options? radio controls? cruise control? :idontknow:

I kind of liked the more Spartan interior, of my '09, but it could have whatever kind of interior they want to put in it, to get the 3.6L!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Don't you know? Any new add on that makes driving a Jeep more comfortable is a "mall crawler" option. Things like A/C, heat, cruise control and a radio, all qualify. A "real Jeeper" is supposed to suffer every time they drive their Jeep. [emoji854]

Riiiight. Cause I want to drive one of these cross country on an Interstate to Moab :2thumbsup:

Fucking West Coasters

1973-jeep-cj5-old-school-barn-find-grandad039s-jeep-4-spd-1.jpg

notnalc68

Hahaha, that'd be awesome for about 5 miles or the first bumble bee to the forehead!!

Sent from my iThingie

Well, we could flip up the windshield, but it would still be like driving a dump truck, all the way. The only thing worse, would be making 45 mph in a CJ 2.

Sahara_Maverick

Sorry guys. I still favor reliability over anything else.
None of the stuff added by Chrysler improved it. Quite the contrary. I still read quite a bit about "steering wheel buttons not working".
As far as engine. For the price I would pay for a new JK with the 3.6, I'd rather spend the difference and getting a real engine such as an LS.
I went to the dealers to test drive the "new JKs" when Chrysler introduced the new engine. Not worth the extra money.
Chrysler would had done better improving things like that shitty TIPM and other things instead of making the JK a mall crawler.
If the main and basic premise of a Jeep Wrangler is reliability and "taking us there and back", it does so mostly because of all the mods ($$$$) we install.
Just look at many dealers' reactions when we really wheel our Jeeps saying we are voiding the warranty.

Sahara_Maverick

And if any of you drove in dusty roads with all open the last thing you want are tons of crevices and crap that will be either damaged by dust, rain or a pain to clean up after it.

Ddays

Hooked
None of the stuff added by Chrysler improved it. Quite the contrary. I still read quite a bit about "steering wheel buttons not working".
As far as engine. For the price I would pay for a new JK with the 3.6, I'd rather spend the difference and getting a real engine such as an LS.
I went to the dealers to test drive the "new JKs" when Chrysler introduced the new engine. Not worth the extra money.
Chrysler would had done better improving things like that shitty TIPM and other things instead of making the JK a mall crawler.
If the main and basic premise of a Jeep Wrangler is reliability and "taking us there and back", it does so mostly because of all the mods ($$$$) we install.
Just look at many dealers' reactions when we really wheel our Jeeps saying we are voiding the warranty.

ClintEastwoodCurmudgeon.jpg

I guess points never wore out did they. Or carbs never shit the bed. Or old bearings you had to pack with grease yourself never seized up. Loved the reception on those old AM radios. Who needs lockers - positraction is just great.
Those 304 V8's had 150 hp back in the 70's. The shitty 3.6's have 285. C'mon man, the good old days weren't all that great - I know - I grew up in them. I'll give you points on the TIPM comment though.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

:rolleyes2: Because Jeep/FCA only make the Wranglers for guys like us... Also, I can almost guarantee that upgrading an '07 to a '12 would be a whole lot less than a $20K LS swap, but feel free to show how you came up with that math.

If a JK is such a mall crawler, why'd you get one? Seems like you'd be happier with a TJ.

longarmwj

Right because almost 100 additional horsepower, an additional gear (in the auto), and better MPGs totally isn't an upgrade.

I guess to have a real Jeep I have to have an old, bare bones, uncomfortable, unpractical, outdated car. So if you favor reliability over anything else, why the hell did you get a Sahara :thinking:

JAGS

Hooked

I don't know you. But, I can guarantee you that we are in the far minority of Jeep owners. And if it wasn't for the majority likening the wrangler as a mall crawler, the car could have very well found itself obsolete.

We choose to build them up. We choose to wheel them accordingly. I also choose to have my Jeep as a DD and the JK/new JK made that a reality because of the creature comforts and other upgrades.

Don't want the warranty voided? Don't mod the vehicle. Others wise, it's a risk we all take going in.

JeepFan

Hooked
I don't know you. But, I can guarantee you that we are in the far minority of Jeep owners. And if it wasn't for the majority likening the wrangler as a mall crawler, the car could have very well found itself obsolete.

We choose to build them up. We choose to wheel them accordingly. I also choose to have my Jeep as a DD and the JK/new JK made that a reality because of the creature comforts and other upgrades.

Don't want the warranty voided? Don't mod the vehicle. Others wise, it's a risk we all take going in.
Shouldn't you be relaxing on a lawn chair with an umbrella drink? Just sayin! [emoji6]

JAGS

Hooked
Shouldn't you be relaxing on a lawn chair with an umbrella drink? Just sayin! [emoji6]

All posts will disproportionality screwed toward sunsets, booze and food from this point forward. Lol. [emoji6][emoji907][emoji106]

notnalc68

That's the most assy post I've seen, in a while. You should buy a CJ, or better yet, screw FCA. You should buy a Toyota.

Last edited:
Top Bottom