JL too safe?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OK, right now, I don't own anything from Teraflex. I was thinking about getting their Tire carrier but with all the TF bashing you guys have me second guessing. Please point me to the threads that have the data that would help me make a decision against them. Seems like a bunch of opinions driving the bashing currently.

You'll forgive me but point out FACTS about products made by a company and backing them up with PROOF is far from what I would call "bashing".

What does the jl do if there’s no door on? I rarely am not wearing a seatbelt but could easily see on a slow trail hopping in and out without it and being very annoyed the built in nanny wouldn’t let me drive.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
What does the jl do if there’s no door on? I rarely am not wearing a seatbelt but could easily see on a slow trail hopping in and out without it and being very annoyed the built in nanny wouldn’t let me drive.

The way the JL is set up (as is JK) is the door switch is closed when the door is open and the switch is open when the door is closed. So when u unplug the door the switch us open, the jeep thinks door is closed. This is why dome light isnt on etc. Opposite of every other vehicle made just because if the removeable doors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
This all happened due to the electronic shifter issues in the WK2 Grand Cherokee. People would not bump the shifter far enough and get out with the vehicle in neutral, drive, or reverse, and subsequently get run over. Some people died because they weren’t paying attention to the shift indicator and what gear they were in. The result of Lawsuits and government regulation.

fiend

Caught the Bug
This all happened due to the electronic shifter issues in the WK2 Grand Cherokee. People would not bump the shifter far enough and get out with the vehicle in neutral, drive, or reverse, and subsequently get run over. Some people died because they weren’t paying attention to the shift indicator and what gear they were in. The result of Lawsuits and government regulation.

Yep. The dude who played Chekhov in the Star Trek reboot films got rubbed out because of that. Lawsuits ensued.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
The little Russian kid that said “aye, Vulcan! I mean captain” ? How hard is it to put a car in friggen Park.

Hard enough that a couple of people died and the shifter was redesigned.

I used to investigate traffic crashes involving fatalities and it’s amazing some of the dumb shit people do. We recently had a guy that clipped another car and when the airbag went off he bailed out because he thought the car was on fire and it continued down the road through a house.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
The little Russian kid that said “aye, Vulcan! I mean captain” ? How hard is it to put a car in friggen Park.

That’s exactly why this is going on. I remember fiat/chrysler taking a ton of heat because of this. Checkov jumped out of his grand Cherokee to close his driveway gate and thought he was in park. He wasn’t. Car was in neutral and rolled down the driveway and smashed him.

Top Bottom