JL Wrangler 2.0L Hurricane Turbo Mild Hybrid : 48-Volt Lithium Ion Battery

sc_rhino

From the few videos I've watched, they all seem to say either engine is fine, but the real winner is the 8speed trans.

onetraveller

Last edited:

Warrior's Lance

I haven't seen anything like this system used.

The 2.0L Hurricane Turbo is all new. The overall system is like nothing I have seen before.

The concept isn't new, but this is the first major manufacturer I've seen use it. It's sounds very similar to this system that was showcased at SEMA in 2016.

http://www.enginelabs.com/news/sema-2016-e-charger-bolt-on-hybrid-system-draws-crowds/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=sema-2016-e-charger-bolt-on-hybrid-system-draws-crowds

https://echargersystem.com

I was considering putting one in my pickup to see if it'll improve the mileage much.

Mike

Ah, well, might let some other guinea pigs test it out for a few years first then!

Thanks

Lance

Gunslinger

People may scoff but the mild hybrids are begging for mods and the Prius bro’s will show the way. Software, battery, motor even the ratio of the pulleys. I see mods in the future.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all info Scott! It's going to be awesome to have options when buying a JL.
So what's that turbo 4 going to be like when you put 60s and 40s? Will you need 5.38 or could you get away with something like 5.13 or even 4.88? Interested to see what the future brings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
That's what we are going to have to see. In theory the engine is a torque source. So if properly geared should make no difference. As far as gearing I thinknyoull actually want to stay higher nunerically. The base gearing went from a 3.21 to a 3.45. Because 8th gear is so low. In a 12+ auto 5th is like .85. In the 8 speed 8th is .67. So with both trans running same tires, say 40s, and gearing of say 5.38, you'll have lower hwy rpm but rediculous low end takeoff due to the low 1st gearing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom