JL Wrangler Coolant

Andy5160

Hooked
Can anyone clarify which coolant from Mopar is right for the JL. I looked at the owners manual and from what I understand JL uses concentrated version 10 years 150k miles which needs to be diluted with distilled water. Mopar also sells 50x50 prediluted version however I am not sure it can be used. They are both OAT coolants.
Anyway, what is the right coolant to add to the existing one without causing any issues? Thank you.

Here's a whole thread on the topic.

There's no majic. Fundamentally, you have ethylene glycol and propylene glycol coolants. You can use any ethylene glycol based coolant. Prestone makes a compatible coolant. Don't use propylene glycol. I believe this information is in the owners manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a whole thread on the topic.

There's no majic. Fundamentally, you have ethylene glycol and propylene glycol coolants. You can use any ethylene glycol based coolant. Prestone makes a compatible coolant. Don't use propylene glycol. I believe this information is in the owners manual.
No. Don’t post links like that.

Not sure what I did wrong. Just trying to help the OP.
Unlike the link that you posted up that goes to a multi-million dollar corporate forum, this one exists because Cindy and I pay for it out of our own pockets and so that guys like you can use it for free. If you can answer a question, like you did and without redirecting others away from here, we would be most grateful.

Top Bottom