JL WRANGLER on the ROCKS - JET Li's 2nd HELPING of Fun Flexing Out on the Rocks

DRTY4x4

Very nice! That's some pretty impressive articulation for a stock rig. Were you noticing any rubbing, especially in front at full stuff while turning, or in the rear? Looks like going to 35" tires can be done on a Rubi without a lift by adjusting the wheel backspacing a little bit, but going any wider at that size would require a 2-3" lift. What do you think?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice! That's some pretty impressive articulation for a stock rig. Were you noticing any rubbing, especially in front at full stuff while turning, or in the rear? Looks like going to 35" tires can be done on a Rubi without a lift by adjusting the wheel backspacing a little bit, but going any wider at that size would require a 2-3" lift. What do you think?

We experienced no rubbing what so ever at a full flex. We were hearing some clunking though but assume that was the coil catching on the bump stops. Doesn't sound like anything critical but I will track this down just so that I know for sure.

Jeep specifically has stated that the Rubicon's can run 35's out of the box but would need a small lift to clear the fenders at a full flex. I'm pretty sure EVO is running 37's with just a 2.5" lift.

Top Bottom