jmatta33 Build thread

jmatta33

Want to see how it looks. I was on the fence about painting mine black, but now I'm too lazy to take everything of to do it. Looking good my fellow dozer owner!

i think its going to look great once I put it back on. taking it off was way easier than I thought. Plus i finally got to test out my pnuematic undercoating gun! its drying in the garage now. ill probably throw it back on tomorrow morning after its dry.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407609092.191734.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407609104.207348.jpg

RLTW!!!

JKFlyer

Just got a few packages in! Trektop NX and my Genright Roll cage! might be a little while before I get the roll cage installed though, I still need to find a good welder to help me out... Safari doors should be in on monday also!!! View attachment 94832 View attachment 94833 View attachment 94834

RLTW!!!

John...just stumbled upon your build! Sick jeep bro ...love the color. I tracked doors today and Monday looks accurate. You are going to love them!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmatta33

John...just stumbled upon your build! Sick jeep bro ...love the color. I tracked doors today and Monday looks accurate. You are going to love them!!

thanks for the props and the parts! I think the safari doors will look bad ass once I get them on :)

RLTW!!!

JKFlyer

thanks for the props and the parts! I think the safari doors will look bad ass once I get them on :)

RLTW!!!

Definitely. I am hoping they will be plug n play for ur jeep as I fiddled with them to make them perfect on mine and all you should need to do is move the latch on the jeep ( not doors) just slightly to make them click right. I think its a t-45 bit. Call me if u have any questions and post pics!!

jmatta33

Definitely. I am hoping they will be plug n play for ur jeep as I fiddled with them to make them perfect on mine and all you should need to do is move the latch on the jeep ( not doors) just slightly to make them click right. I think its a t-45 bit. Call me if u have any questions and post pics!!

will do, thanks!

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

Are you planning on doing a custom bumper that is flush with the grill?

poison spyder BFH bumper. it requires 2" cut off the frame rails and crash bar removal. I dont actually have the bumper yet lol, just got a little stir crazy since I havent worked on the Jeep in so long

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

Genright full cage install has started! unfortunately im going to be out of town for the next week or so, so this is where I'll be stopping at for now. when I get back, ill cut the stock cage out, install all the brackets, and start welding pieces in place. once im done with that, pull it out, fully weld it, paint it and reinstall :) it will be a few weeks until im finished but its going to look super bad ass once its done!

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

Those gear lever knobs look Sick! was thinking about some for mine. what are they like to use? I'm always a little worries with the aftermarket lever knobs about em coming loose and slipping off at that crucial moment. lol

when I got them I thought the exact same thing. that they would come loose or slide off, but they have worked great. no sliding or re tightening at all. the feel is great and i like the look over the stock.

RLTW!!!

jmatta33

made some progress on the roll cage today. got all the interior ripped out along with the flimsy stock cage. Planning on getting all the brackets in and mounted this week then welding the rest of the cage in by next weekend. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410636213.913760.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410636231.699244.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410636242.868305.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410636252.367435.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410636282.551654.jpg

RLTW!!!

Top Bottom