JSpecs Join Forces!

GraniteCrystal

Here was my last rig on 35s with the JKS JSPEC 2.0. Lift rode great in my opinion. Ran it with both Fox and then Rancho shocks.

View attachment 235100 View attachment 235101 View attachment 235102 View attachment 235103

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I never really liked half doors till I saw your old one. Especially with the top off, looks great. 👍

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Here was my last rig on 35s with the JKS JSPEC 2.0. Lift rode great in my opinion. Ran it with both Fox and then Rancho shocks.

View attachment 235100 View attachment 235101 View attachment 235102 View attachment 235103

I remember you saying that you forgot how well a stock Jeep drives when you went to the Mojave Sand jeep. Can you elaborate what you like better about a stock Jeep or, in other words, what you didn't like about the JKS. I realize ride can be subjective.

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Here is my 3.5" JSpec JKonnect with fixed front and rear LCAs and Fox 2.0 Performance Series with remote reservoir. Haven't gotten to go offroad and need a new front DS before doing so but here are some pics.

Flex
View attachment 235089

Front suspension
View attachment 235090

Rear suspension
View attachment 235092

Sitting on 33s
View attachment 235093

View attachment 235094

Looks awesome Granite. Why the Foxes instead of the adjustable Ranchos?

GraniteCrystal

Looks awesome Granite. Why the Foxes instead of the adjustable Ranchos?
Fox owns JKS. Thus, they take measures to pair their springs and shocks together well. It's the same reason it's nice to have an iPad, iMac, and iPhone. All the same ecosystem.

Aesthetic reason too. I like the look of the Fox more than the Ranchos. That's a small matter though.

Everything I read on Rancho has been positive though so I don't think you could go wrong there. It's a quality product. Just preference.

tanmanjk

I remember you saying that you forgot how well a stock Jeep drives when you went to the Mojave Sand jeep. Can you elaborate what you like better about a stock Jeep or, in other words, what you didn't like about the JKS. I realize ride can be subjective.

Thanks!

Interested in this as well

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

Thanks!

Interested in this as well

So, I can't really say there was anything 'wrong' with the lift. I rode in and tested a bunch of lift kits and in my opinion, the JKS lift offered one of the best rides. Ride quality is very subjective, and I prefer a very soft, smooth ride. While the JSPEC lift rode smoother than almost all the lifts I tested, I still wanted a softer ride than it offered. When I had it paired with the fox shocks, it would take bumps very well at high rates of speed, but for daily driving, it was still stiffer than I really wanted. To be honest, you'd be hard pressed to find a lift that is softer than the stock springs offer. And that is what I meant when I mentioned that I forgot how well a stock Jeep drives. It feels very planted, is softer than most any lift you can buy, and overall I like the stock ride. I am still searching for a soft riding lift, and think the EVO plush rides and AEV might be the only major players I haven't had the opportunity to try. Anyways, to sum things up, the JKS JSPEC lift I ran was a great lift kit, with absolutely no complaints. I just wanted an even softer ride that it offered, as did my wife. Hope that makes sense.

GraniteCrystal

So, I can't really say there was anything 'wrong' with the lift. I rode in and tested a bunch of lift kits and in my opinion, the JKS lift offered one of the best rides. Ride quality is very subjective, and I prefer a very soft, smooth ride. While the JSPEC lift rode smoother than almost all the lifts I tested, I still wanted a softer ride than it offered. When I had it paired with the fox shocks, it would take bumps very well at high rates of speed, but for daily driving, it was still stiffer than I really wanted. To be honest, you'd be hard pressed to find a lift that is softer than the stock springs offer. And that is what I meant when I mentioned that I forgot how well a stock Jeep drives. It feels very planted, is softer than most any lift you can buy, and overall I like the stock ride. I am still searching for a soft riding lift, and think the EVO plush rides and AEV might be the only major players I haven't had the opportunity to try. Anyways, to sum things up, the JKS JSPEC lift I ran was a great lift kit, with absolutely no complaints. I just wanted an even softer ride that it offered, as did my wife. Hope that makes sense.

Curious what differences there are between the lift you had on it and the new JSpecs (JKontrol, JKonnect), if any. My wife and I both noticed our new JKonnect to be considerably softer than the stock ride on our Rubicon.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Curious what differences there are between the lift you had on it and the new JSpecs (JKontrol, JKonnect), if any. My wife and I both noticed our new JKonnect to be considerably softer than the stock ride on our Rubicon.

Great point, and looking at the newer kits I'd say everything is different. Newer control arms, new kits have dual rate springs as opposed to the linear springs I had, and of course you can get the Fox shocks valved specifically for their kits now. They didn't offer that when I go mine. Interested to know how the new kits ride now, as we are still looking for a soft riding small lift for BOHICA and as soon as I'm done with these back to back trips I have coming up, it should be growing up pretty fast!

Anyone have the 2.5" kit and how much actual lift did you get out of it? I have to be very conscious of overall height here on Oahu with all the parking garages.

COLOJK

Great point, and looking at the newer kits I'd say everything is different. Newer control arms, new kits have dual rate springs as opposed to the linear springs I had, and of course you can get the Fox shocks valved specifically for their kits now. They didn't offer that when I go mine. Interested to know how the new kits ride now, as we are still looking for a soft riding small lift for BOHICA and as soon as I'm done with these back to back trips I have coming up, it should be growing up pretty fast!

Anyone have the 2.5" kit and how much actual lift did you get out of it? I have to be very conscious of overall height here on Oahu with all the parking garages.

Not sure what the height of parking garages are in Hawaii but the one I park in is 7' and I fit with my 3.5" jspec on 35" trail grapplers if that gives you a reference!

GraniteCrystal

I won't be able to provide a full review till this summer when I can get offroad. Still loving it for the road though and putting on 37s soon if someone will buy my wheels and tires.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

GraniteCrystal

Ahhh. Ok the lifts I was looking are are 2.5 or 3.5. I may go ahead with 3.5" for 37s" later.

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]
I agree with Ty. I did 3.5" and am putting 37s on soon I hope. Wouldn't look bad with 35s though. I still have 32s on and that's when it starts to look a little goofy.

Top Bottom