JSpecs Join Forces!

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Ty answered the first question. I'd have to agree here, 2.5 for 35s or 3.5 for 37s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm running a budget boost 2.5" /1 3/4" in back. Since I put winch and front bumper on it sagged some in front. It's almost to the point I don't like the way it's sitting. Real lift may be sooner than later. [emoji41]

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

GraniteCrystal

I'm running a budget boost 2.5" /1 3/4" in back. Since I put winch and front bumper on it sagged some in front. It's almost to the point I don't like the way it's sitting. Real lift may be sooner than later. [emoji41]

I ran a 2.5" BB before my JSpec. Much prefer the stance now.

COLOJK

Ahhh. Ok the lifts I was looking are are 2.5 or 3.5. I may go ahead with 3.5" for 37s" later.

For reference, I have the 3.5" with 35s and stock fenders if you're trying to get an idea of what it would look like. I don't think there's too much space between the tire and fender imo

Here is my 3.5" JSpec JKonnect with fixed front and rear LCAs and Fox 2.0 Performance Series with remote reservoir. Haven't gotten to go offroad and need a new front DS before doing so but here are some pics.

Flex
View attachment 235089

Front suspension
View attachment 235090

Rear suspension
View attachment 235092

Sitting on 33s
View attachment 235093

View attachment 235094

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

Do you know what your caster is? I see several advantages of fixed arms, but just wondering if you get close to the same correction as adjustable arms. May be a question for Wes.

GraniteCrystal

Do you know what your caster is? I see several advantages of fixed arms, but just wondering if you get close to the same correction as adjustable arms. May be a question for Wes.
Good question. I don't have the little angle tool to measure it. If nothing else, I'll have TJ measure it next time I'm in for something (hope it's soon for a regear but haven't pulled trigger on that yet).

GraniteCrystal

If you have a smartphone you can download an angle finder app. Works pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks for the idea! Why didn't I think of that?!
Here is what I put my cell phone on top of:
IMG_20170122_105221.jpg

I'm between 4.2° and 4.5° which I think is right where it should be.

Thanks for encouraging me to do this! I've been curious ever since I put the lift on.

TheGrendel

cool.

so, what do people think of the JKS dual rate coils? i have MCs on my JK right now. while it is neat how much down travel they give, it is negated by the fact that top portion of the coil compresses completely meaning daily driving is on the heavier sprung side of things. not really conducive to the best ride.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I'm like 99% sure I'm going with the 2.5" jspec with the weld-on rear track bar brace when I get my "real" lift. Drove the owners 2 door Hardrock rubi at the local 4x4 shop today that was full jks and it was smoooooth! He had adjustable front LCA's but I have some synergy fixed arms so it should get me close. He also had a front driveshaft, I may have wait on that though.

My only real concern revolves around the rockstar skids and whether the kit's rear shocks are the right length, I kind regret doing the skids because it's creating that unknown.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

cool.

so, what do people think of the JKS dual rate coils? i have MCs on my JK right now. while it is neat how much down travel they give, it is negated by the fact that top portion of the coil compresses completely meaning daily driving is on the heavier sprung side of things. not really conducive to the best ride.
I like them. Here are my fronts. This is with a steel front bumper and Warn winch. They don't compress all the way. It's noticeably smoother than stock.

IMG_20170228_181551.jpg

Top Bottom