JT vs J2000 : A Jeep Gladiator Truck Face Off - NEW vs. OLD

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good looking pair! I’m digging the retro graphic!

Great pics. I like how you matched the decal to the emblem.

Thanks guys! The new decal isn't an exact match, more like a slightly modernized version that was inspired by the original :yup:

Really cool to see them side by side (nose to nose) like that... Things have come a long way in 50 years. I wish Automakers would build rigs with the frame & drivetrain of today... under the bodies of yesterday.

That would be cool. There are more than a few build that people have done using a JK chassis including Jeep, Synergy and Daystar and they came out really nice.

Not fair to Rusty...of course I like them both...

LOL - Rusty holds his own just by existing :crazyeyes:

Might just be the coolest photo shoot you guys have done.

Glad you like it :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love that J 2020 sticker to! Is that the original dash pad in Rusty?

LOL - If you can believe it, the previous owner sprayed a textured paint on top of the dash. Surprisingly, it doesn't look too bad. :crazyeyes:

Awesome pics! Do you still get Rusty out to the trails these days? If I had a J2000 that nice, I would only take it out for car shows n such.

Thanks and I'm glad you think Rusty looks that good. He's kind of a work truck for me and I still use him all the time to go to the hardware store or to take stuff out to the dump. I take him out on dirt roads but haven't actually "wheeled" him.

Really cool that you did this. Cool seeing the comparisons.

Thanks! I feel bad for not having done it stock to stock but things were moving along so quickly, I just didn't have the time. :icon_crazy:

That’s cool to see. I really like what you did with the J2020 decal, too.

Thank you :)

2 great looking jeeps. Old and new. Great shots.

Thanks! So glad you like it :)

Love the trucks. But how the heck do you keep your gravel so weed free?! [emoji23]🤣

:cheesy: I appreciate you taking notice of how weed free our gravel is! It takes a lot of work but the biggest help is us having seasons. Most of the weeds die off ahead of winter and the cold kills the rest off. To keep things looking nice, you really have to attack the weeds when they're small. If you've ever looked on the back of Round Up, the main active ingredient is glyphosate. You can buy this stuff in concentrate for cheap at Tractor Supply or any farm store and that helps a LOT! It doesn't actually kill anything, it just makes the weeds age really fast, essentially, go through it's life cycle in shorter amount of time. :yup:

DMF

Nice. When ever I win the lottery I'm going to try and find some of the older Jeeps and restore them. But the way my luck goes that's not going to happen. LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I tell my wife, when I win the lotto I’m going to.... and she always replies try playing it sometimes and not just dream about it, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Noble Woodsman

:cheesy: I appreciate you taking notice of how weed free our gravel is! It takes a lot of work but the biggest help is us having seasons. Most of the weeds die off ahead of winter and the cold kills the rest off. To keep things looking nice, you really have to attack the weeds when they're small. If you've ever looked on the back of Round Up, the main active ingredient is glyphosate. You can buy this stuff in concentrate for cheap at Tractor Supply or any farm store and that helps a LOT! It doesn't actually kill anything, it just makes the weeds age really fast, essentially, go through it's life cycle in shorter amount of time. :yup:

Glyphosate is amazing stuff, but remember to wear PPE and wash your clothes after using. The stuff causes cancer (real cancer, not that Prop 65 nonsense). Bayer is facing thousands of lawsuits right now because of it. Not sure why it's such a revelation to people that a chemical that kills plants can be harmful to humans also.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Glyphosate is amazing stuff, but remember to wear PPE and wash your clothes after using. The stuff causes cancer (real cancer, not that Prop 65 nonsense). Bayer is facing thousands of lawsuits right now because of it.

Ha! A jury also found that OJ was not guilty. Moral of the story, juries do not determine what is true or not true. I’m not saying Glyphosate is harmless, but I’m equally hard-pressed to say that it conclusively causes cancer.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Glyphosate is amazing stuff, but remember to wear PPE and wash your clothes after using. The stuff causes cancer (real cancer, not that Prop 65 nonsense). Bayer is facing thousands of lawsuits right now because of it. Not sure why it's such a revelation to people that a chemical that kills plants can be harmful to humans also.

Ha! A jury also found that OJ was not guilty. Moral of the story, juries do not determine what is true or not true. I’m not saying Glyphosate is harmless, but I’m equally hard-pressed to say that it conclusively causes cancer.

I’m a big fan of Roundup. Any weed killer or bug poison can potentially cause cancer in humans. Learned all about it over 2 decades ago, in college. Didn’t need TV ads from attorneys to put me onto the fact that poison is poisonous. You should wear gloves, etc., every time you use it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked

Warning: This Post May Cause Thread Cancer.

jdofmemi

Lol. No kidding. Whatever happened to us using our own brains to make decisions?

That went away when they put the first "do not use in the shower" sticker on a blow dryer. [emoji849]

Seriously, get rid of all stupid warning labels and clear up the gene pool.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I needed this today.

I'm surrounded by idiots

Maybe they can all go drink some Roundup

Dale72

Hooked
I tell my wife, when I win the lotto I’m going to.... and she always replies try playing it sometimes and not just dream about it, lol.

Well I do play the lottery every once in awhile but I can't seem to win more than a couple of dollars

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
When I got out of the Army I worked for a Jeep dealership in the Denver area, so I’ve got a real soft spot for Rusty. Nice comparison pics.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well I do play the lottery every once in awhile but I can't seem to win more than a couple of dollars

Well, if it means anything, it's taken us years of hard work, a lot of overtime and saving up to get what we have now. :yup:

What a gorgeous set of pics, love the nods to the original!!

When I got out of the Army I worked for a Jeep dealership in the Denver area, so I’ve got a real soft spot for Rusty. Nice comparison pics.

Thanks! Rusty is definitely one of my favorites and is probably the one old piece of iron that I still use the most :)

Dale72

Hooked
Well, if it means anything, it's taken us years of hard work, a lot of overtime and saving up to get what we have now. :yup:

Thanks! Rusty is definitely one of my favorites and is probably the one old piece of iron that I still use the most :)
Yeah I know. But it seems like that no matter How hard I try to get caught up and where I can start saving something happens and I'm right back to square one. But that's my luck

Top Bottom