JT Wrangler Pick-Up Production Truck Bed?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like the look, I wonder what options if any will be available for tops

You and me both! It'd be nice if it were offered with a soft top option but I seriously doubt that'll happen. I think removable hard top panels are about the most we can hope to see.

I would doubt there would be a 2 door as that would just make it a pickup with fancy flares...

But the departure angle seems to be a big problem.... Massive lift and "tailgate sliders"....

Vulpine

Not an extended cab

I have neither the need nor the desire for four full doors. I would be much happier if this thing comes out with an '05 Gladiator Concept-style extended cab instead.

Sahara_Maverick

Looks very interesting. If I would build a dedicated camping rig with a roof top tent I would use it since it keeps the tent and center of gravity lower. Take the tent out and we have a pickup. Only question is what is the towing capability. The JKs are not stellar on that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JThompson

Hopefully diesel or a bigger gas motor like a HEMI. At this point and time, who's to say for sure though.

Unless Trump completely rolls back the CAFE standards for 2025 I think the prospects of a Wrangler / Hemi option are wishful thinking.

In unrelated news, we are running 3 JLs at work so I have some idea what is in the pipeline, but obviously NDAs preclude me commenting.

JT

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unless Trump completely rolls back the CAFE standards for 2025 I think the prospects of a Wrangler / Hemi option are wishful thinking.

Well, he's already pushing to scale back some of the National Monument designations that were put in place by the last 3 presidents before him, which is totally unheard of so, one can hope.

In unrelated news, we are running 3 JLs at work so I have some idea what is in the pipeline, but obviously NDAs preclude me commenting.

JT

Tease! :bleh:

Andy5160

Hooked
I would total look into one.

Makes me wonder on how fast all the mods and accessories from after market vendors will become available.

ChopperDoc

You and me both! It'd be nice if it were offered with a soft top option but I seriously doubt that'll happen. I think removable hard top panels are about the most we can hope to see.

I would love to see a soft top option, but you are right I don't think that we will see that anytime soon. But maybe aftermarket

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Sharp rig, but it seems like it's gonna need a significant lift to offset that departure angle if you're going to crawl it. :rolleyes2:

If you're worried about departure and breakover angle, don't buy a truck. Period.

Ah man that's gonna be sweet!! Diesel please? Would love to be able to tow my Rock Crawler Jeep with my Jeep truck.:2thumbsup:

It will most likely have a 3500 lb tow capacity, same as a JKU...

The only way I can see them going wrong is if the price point for it is set too high. Being that it'll be a mid-size truck, it'll need to be priced at about the same point as a Tacoma or Colorado to be marketable beyond the Jeep fan base. Anything more and you'll be in full size truck territory and it'll be a hard sell outside of a small audience.

I completely agree...the main advantage it will have over the Colorado or Taco is that it will be more off road capable off the dealership floor than either of those trucks, especially if they off a Rubicon type package.

My fear as well, a watered down AEV version...which makes me want the Brute even more! I'm guessing the Brute's prices will hold strong, be damn near as unattainable used as they are now new. I am truly excited to see it unveiled, really want to see this and have for so long! Can't see it being a replacement for my Ram or my JKUR tho, if one is wanting a single vehicle.

It's my understanding that AEV will be discontinuing the Brute soon...

I'm liking the new truck...I think it's going to be a great platform for mods...

Cobound

Yes - AEV ceased taking orders for the Brute Double Cab production as of March 31.

Soft top - probably not a factory option, but most definitely aftermarket. I'm sure Bestop will get on it quick!

Hemi - I'm confident AEV will continue to offer that conversion. If not, there are many other shops that will do it...provided the new crates continue to be manufactured for other Chrysler products. AEV isn't gonna do Ram only...they'll have their mitts in Jeep stuff still. Too much market share to not be involved somehow.

You guys that want a 2 door...get the original Brute, they are out there. I personally like the 4 door, more dry storage space...and I always seem to have someone w/ me. Overlanding will be nice w/ the added room. And, of course, I have kids!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait...

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
If you're worried about departure and breakover angle, don't buy a truck. Period.

It will most likely have a 3500 lb tow capacity, same as a JKU...

I completely agree...the main advantage it will have over the Colorado or Taco is that it will be more off road capable off the dealership floor than either of those trucks, especially if they off a Rubicon type package.

My fear as well, a watered down AEV version...which makes me want the Brute even more! I'm guessing the Brute's prices will hold strong, be damn near as unattainable used as they are now new. I am truly excited to see it unveiled, really want to see this and have for so long! Can't see it being a replacement for my Ram or my JKUR tho, if one is wanting a single vehicle.

It's my understanding that AEV will be discontinuing the Brute soon...

I'm liking the new truck...I think it's going to be a great platform for mods...

My dreams have been crushed.....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom