Jw Speaker tail lights VS amazon look alikes.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Sir all I'm saying is that if things made here were a little cheaper, people would buy that product instead of looking elsewhere for something cheaper even though the quality might not be as good. If prices were lower on the materials, production, and product itself, people would start buying and buying and consequently eliminating the need to outsource.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh, I understood. I read and comprehend, very well.

onebadtwo

If you are going to buy something, do a little research and buy American. As Americans we owe it to ourselves to support other Americans. This is more than a stupid set of tail lights! This is about EVERYTHING! Do you know where your toothpaste was made??? How about the shovel in your garage??? What about your wallet??? The OEM tail lights on my Jeep work just fine, but if I were going to replace them I would search out an American supplier if at all possible. Buying American doesn't always have to be expensive... When I decided that I couldn't stand my headlights anymore, I kept my eyes peeled for a sale. I ended up getting my JW Speakers for a little over 1/2 of MSRP.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
"We specialize in LED & other emerging lighting technologies and proudly design, manufacture & assemble our products in Germantown, Wisconsin."
I'm pretty sure based on what Eddie has mentioned previously this doesn't mean it's Made in the USA.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

What part of manufactured & assembled in Germantown, Wisconsin" makes you think that they are not made here in Wisconsin, American Made or Made In USA? Now I'm not naive, being in manufacturing myself I realize that they might not manufacture every single part, but I'm sure that they do make the value added components, not to mention design and assemble.

Last edited:

davidc128

Sir all I'm saying is that if things made here were a little cheaper, people would buy that product instead of looking elsewhere for something cheaper even though the quality might not be as good. If prices were lower on the materials, production, and product itself, people would start buying and buying and consequently eliminating the need to outsource.

Well to make that happen u realize ud have to take a major pay cut no matter your industry... u think companies dont have major mark ups? They might pay the typical labor a few dollars a week compared to ur 1000 1500 a week?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug

It's obvious that you're not in the manufacturing sector. I am and we use some of the most efficient processes known to manufacture our products. Unfortunately, that's not always enough to complete with cheap foreign labor. Now I could pay my employees less which means that my workforce will be less skilled and ultimately my products be less reliable although maybe less expensive, but this is not a great way to operate a business IMO. I would rather provide good paying jobs, have a top notch workforce and make a well respected reliable products even if that means they cost more than my competitors. Quality is what sets our products apart from our foreign competitors and judging by the success of our company, we are doing something right.

J

JKDream

What part of manufactured & assembled in Germantown, Wisconsin" makes you think that they are not made here in Wisconsin, American Made or Made In USA? Now I'm not naive, being in manufacturing myself I realize that they might not manufacture every single part, but I'm sure that they do make the value added components, not to mention design and assemble.
From what I understand, assembled and manufactured doesn't necessarily mean it is Made in the USA. Teraflex boasts those claims as well. Made in the USA would mean there is no outsourcing of the product - whether it be a bracket, light or whatever. I'm assuming by the fact that they aren't​ using the Made in the USA label on their products, or website, that it isn't truly a Made in the USA product.

That's not to say it isn't a good product regardless - but I was under the assumption it was labeled as a Made in the USA product.

Hot94Z28

I understand buying American as much as you can, but isn't something like 40% of the parts used on American vehicles outsourced?

Even Anheuser-Bush beer is owned by a Belgium company.

davidc128

I understand buying American as much as you can, but isn't something like 40% of the parts used on American vehicles outsourced?

Even Anheuser-Bush beer is owned by a Belgium company.

Ur right last i looked Toyota has the highest % amreican made vehicle... could tell u the last time i had an Anheuser-Busch beer... only local brews for me lone star and dallas blonde are my go to beers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Made in the USA would mean there is no outsourcing of the product

Your statement is not exactly correct. Straight from the Fed:

IMG_4197.JPG
IMG_4196.JPG

One could argue these points all day long. The point that I was making is that JW Speaker does make their products here in the US. They are not just a design and distribution center like Apple and some others.

cayers71

I purchased Xprite headlights and tail lights.

I purchased Xprite headlights, fog lights, and tail lights from Amazon, and have had them installed for about a year and a half.

The first set of headlights I installed did have moisture intrusion issues...they were replaced under warranty. The second set of headlights had a defective LED within two weeks of install - these were also replaced under warranty. The third replacement set had a redesigned aluminum backplate with two gore type vents instead of the single vent on the previous version, and an extended rubber tail where the power wire enters the light chassis. I think the new hardware version is likely better with regards to moisture intrusion, but I didnt take any chances - I used clear RTV silicone on the entire mating surface of the light (where the two halves seal) as well as on the wire entry. The second set of headlights have been on for a year now with no issues. Low beam performance is excellent with great cutoff. Combined with the fog lights the illumination performance is excellent.

I haven't had any issues with the fog lights. My daughter poked at one of the tail lights and dislodged one of the side LEDs that blink wih the turn signal - this was fixed in 10 minutes with a phillips screwdriver and some gorilla glue.

Other than the issues mentioned, no problems. Installation was simple, the supplied resistors take care of the 'pulsing' from the jeeps electrical system, and the lights have worked well.

Did I get what I paid for? Probably. JW Speaker likely packages the light housings better, and therefore suffers less with moisture intrusion. They may use a better quality LED (Xprite uses Phillips LEDs in the model I purchased). With respect to performance, I have had my lights side by side with JW Speaker Evolution J headlights and there was no noticeable difference on low beam. On high beam the Xprite lights have good throw, but there is slight banding from the individual lenses that make up the high beam pattern (illumination was the same, if slightly less uniform). So for half the cost, I suffered with some aggravation, but in the end I have approximately the same result.

In hindsight would I purchase Xprite again over JW or another high dollar brand? Sure would. Xprite customer service was great - replaced every failure with no questions asked and no RMAs (anyone want some slightly used LED lights?:blush:), and the issues that I encountered were aggravating but easy to resolve. And of course, I have the satisfaction of saving a few bucks and learning something in the process (how to weather seal cheap LED lights? lol).

Right now Amazon prime lists the Evolution J lights for $505, and the Xprite lights are $259. I think the choice boils down to whether or not you mind having (potentially) to tinker with things. Some people are offended when the things they purchase don't work perfectly out of the box. I would have been offended if I purchased the JW Speaker lights and they didn't perform flawlessly. I wasn't surprised when the Xprite lights weren't perfect, but it didn't bother me that much because I like to work in my garage - hell, thats why I bought a Jeep!

WJCO

Meme King
I purchased Xprite headlights, fog lights, and tail lights from Amazon, and have had them installed for about a year and a half.

The first set of headlights I installed did have moisture intrusion issues...they were replaced under warranty. The second set of headlights had a defective LED within two weeks of install - these were also replaced under warranty. The third replacement set had a redesigned aluminum backplate with two gore type vents instead of the single vent on the previous version, and an extended rubber tail where the power wire enters the light chassis. I think the new hardware version is likely better with regards to moisture intrusion, but I didnt take any chances - I used clear RTV silicone on the entire mating surface of the light (where the two halves seal) as well as on the wire entry. The second set of headlights have been on for a year now with no issues. Low beam performance is excellent with great cutoff. Combined with the fog lights the illumination performance is excellent.

I haven't had any issues with the fog lights. My daughter poked at one of the tail lights and dislodged one of the side LEDs that blink wih the turn signal - this was fixed in 10 minutes with a phillips screwdriver and some gorilla glue.

Other than the issues mentioned, no problems. Installation was simple, the supplied resistors take care of the 'pulsing' from the jeeps electrical system, and the lights have worked well.

Did I get what I paid for? Probably. JW Speaker likely packages the light housings better, and therefore suffers less with moisture intrusion. They may use a better quality LED (Xprite uses Phillips LEDs in the model I purchased). With respect to performance, I have had my lights side by side with JW Speaker Evolution J headlights and there was no noticeable difference on low beam. On high beam the Xprite lights have good throw, but there is slight banding from the individual lenses that make up the high beam pattern (illumination was the same, if slightly less uniform). So for half the cost, I suffered with some aggravation, but in the end I have approximately the same result.

In hindsight would I purchase Xprite again over JW or another high dollar brand? Sure would. Xprite customer service was great - replaced every failure with no questions asked and no RMAs (anyone want some slightly used LED lights?:blush:), and the issues that I encountered were aggravating but easy to resolve. And of course, I have the satisfaction of saving a few bucks and learning something in the process (how to weather seal cheap LED lights? lol).

Right now Amazon prime lists the Evolution J lights for $505, and the Xprite lights are $259. I think the choice boils down to whether or not you mind having (potentially) to tinker with things. Some people are offended when the things they purchase don't work perfectly out of the box. I would have been offended if I purchased the JW Speaker lights and they didn't perform flawlessly. I wasn't surprised when the Xprite lights weren't perfect, but it didn't bother me that much because I like to work in my garage - hell, thats why I bought a Jeep!

Mother of God... That's a hell of a first post.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

Hell i'm bothered for you. It took 3 sets of headlights to get a set that worked properly? How long do you think they'll last.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

My JWS were $475. Amazon isn't always cheaper.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Yeah I know. I thought I would try to inject some actual content into this thread, before it gets completely off track. :)

HOWDY BOYS!

Nice analysis & welcome to Wayalife.

IDK that I would be real happy to have to "tinker" with my new lights to keep them working even if they were only $260.

Top Bottom