Jw Speaker tail lights VS amazon look alikes.

rubiconrunner

There's a lot of back and forth about made in the USA and not. Either way, I chose great American, reputable companies to build my rig. A set of tail lights aren't going to debilitate our economy. If you want to stay With the made in the USA concept, get rid of your iPhones and your computers........ I'm ok with accepting the fact that tail lights aren't like adj control arms, or wheel spacers. Or suspension components. No love lost if I tear them up on the trail for $94.00

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
This thread is fucking gay. All Sharkey was trying to say is that if you find a badass product that you like, looking for a cheaper similar one from a company that stole the design idea Will cause financial harm to the original company that designed it in the long-run.

deezus

For me it goes like this, the only thing that is knock off is my taillights and headlights, everything else is American made or designed. And I won't but a foreign car either, and yes I know, most the parts are made overseas but the company isn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I struggle with paying full price for JW or TruckLites as well. However, I like supporting American companies, I like warranties, I like buying once and buying quality, I like looking at my Jeep and knowing is used quality parts rather than cutting corners, I like knowing I can go into remote areas and my Jeep will bring me and my family home safely.

I agree, but very often, you have these American companies build their stuff in china on the 5th floor, while on the 4th floor, they produce the same exact part for 1/4 of the price only without branding and I have a tough time paying 3x for a name. I agree, paying more for a made in the usa quality piece is worth the extra money, but if Im paying more for the same made in china crap, Im going to think twice.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Having said the above, I used to be more of a market capitalist guy, and would knock rigid for instance for pricing their bar so much more than others, but having owned a variety of brands of bars/lights including rigid over the last 5 years that I've been a jeep owner, it is become readily apparent that you do get what you pay for, most often however, in terms of fit/finish quality. My Aurora LED bars have excellent performance, but the powdercoat finish they use is garbage (as is the finish on all aftermarket LED lights) except for the high end American companies like rigid. My rigid duallys are still solid black like the day I got them, they didn't fade, the finish didn't dull, they are just made with better quality stuff. I totally get someone trying to save $200, but from my experience, if you are planning on keeping your jeep, buy once, buy right.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
my JW lights are fine. no condensation issues, no flickering, nothing. they work perfect as they should, and as I expect. :hmm:

kawimoto

go for the real thing, the Chinese ones all leak in my experience. same goes for light bars and cube lights. however the cheap cubes can be replaced for extremely cheap. but taillights ii wouldn't skimp on

Top Bottom