Kick me off and the site and you won't have to deal with me anymore

LasVegasJK

Good idea to get that out of the thread so it's not as visible on WOL.

Every time someone adds in, it goes to the top. It's actually more visible now that it has its own thread and everyone can enjoy the butt hurt that is happening.

T&ERun

LOSER
HE SAID they were similar. What don't you understand? The ends were different and they were "tipped". That is not my point. My point is there are a few on here that will call someone out if they make a product and show it on this forum, whether it is an exact copy of something on the market or not. Who cares. The guy built it for his jeep. He's not selling the product and profiting on it.

As a joke (obviously some couldn't take the joke) I posted that a member couldn't build the rotopax brackets like EVO did on another build. Seems like the "gatekeepers" pick and choose who to say something to when pictures pop up on certain threads because it didn't happen here.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
HE SAID they were similar. What don't you understand? The ends were different and they were "tipped". That is not my point. My point is there are a few on here that will call someone out if they make a product and show it on this forum, whether it is an exact copy of something on the market or not. Who cares. The guy built it for his jeep. He's not selling the product and profiting on it.

As a joke (obviously some couldn't take the joke) I posted that a member couldn't build the rotopax brackets like EVO did on another build. Seems like the "gatekeepers" pick and choose who to say something to when pictures pop up on certain threads because it didn't happen here.

If it was a joke, why are you so butthurt ?

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
That is not my point. My point is there are a few on here that will call someone out if they make a product and show it on this forum, whether it is an exact copy of something on the market or not. Who cares. .

We care, especially when it is piracy, which is defined as: "the act of illegally copying someone's product or invention without permission". (http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/piracy)

Even though no one is selling the copy, it is still wrong. If someone where to fab their completely own design, then please continue. But to copy someone else's work without permission, then brag about it on the internet (there by reselling the idea) is way the fuck wrong.

Get a clue T&E.

T&ERun

LOSER
Not butthurt. Just trying to make a point that obviously is going nowhere. Not sure why someone can't post about their hard work and be proud of it (even it is a knockoff of a shop like EVO). If a person builds copies and sells them, then I have a problem with that also. Build what you want, even if it is "similar" to something on the market.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

You are the one who is not understanding. I love seeing people come up with their own stuff. DIY work is some of my favorite stuff. But, make it your own and not a clear copy of some manufacturer's work just because you don't feel like spending the money that the manufacturer is charging.

Hell, the guy even admitted to copying the EVO design:

If you've got a welder.. just make your own.. :thumb: These cost me just over $200 including a pipe notcher attachment for my drill made with 1-3/4" .120 wall and a few hours of fun.. ok and beer :beer:..painted with self etching primer then rust oleum truck bed spraypaint.. I painted everything but the "feet" and stuffed a wet towel into the spaces to protect the gas tank, ground off the paint on the frame rails.. welded them up then primer and truck bed liner again..
Went with a "similar" design and tipped them out for a perfect step too.. wife loves that part

Acting like whether the copy will be sold is the determining factor in whether making copies is right or wrong is laughable. If it is wrong, it is wrong. It doesn't matter whether you are doing it for profit or for your own personal use. Either way you have ripped someone else off.

And I didn't see the rotopax thread. If I did, I would say the same thing if someone intentionally copied the design of a manufacturer simply to save a buck. Copying for any reason is cheesedick in my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, great. I'm no losing sleep over you though and I'm not going to stop having my opinion. I actually value hard work, innovation, risk takers, entrepreneurs, and intellectual property. If you don't, that's on you.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
...Not sure why someone can't post about their hard work and be proud of it (even it is a knockoff of a shop like EVO). If a person builds copies and sells them, then I have a problem with that also. Build what you want, even if it is "similar" to something on the market.

You should move to China. They would love you since you have similar perspectives on the value of innovation and intellectual property.

utiadam

LOSER
On this forum you can't post that you are going to fab something similar to a...

And I didn't see the rotopax thread. If I did, I would say the same thing if someone intentionally copied the design of a manufacturer simply to save a buck. Copying for any reason is cheesedick in my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, great. I'm no losing sleep over you though and I'm not going to stop having my opinion. I actually value hard work, innovation, risk takers, entrepreneurs, and intellectual property. If you don't, that's on you.

In the thread about the rotopax i said i like the idea and i contacted the ORE facebook page about their design but received no reply. I said i would like to have a friend fab something similar because i was assuming it was a one off by ORE and isn't available for sale. I did mention several times i would call Drew about it before even attempting to make them.

Exodus 4x4

As a joke (obviously some couldn't take the joke) I posted that a member couldn't build the rotopax brackets like EVO did on another build.

As soon as I read your "joke" I could sense your agenda and knew it would end up as its own special thread. I think you just like the attention.

T&ERun

LOSER
Hell, the guy even admitted to copying them

Where the hell does it say he copied them? He admits to a similar design that was changed for his liking. Anything he builds could be a knockoff of another product out there. Single tube-arb, double ladder tube evo, box tube-factory jk. You guys are the butthurt ones. If This were a single tube design just like the ARB there would have been no discussion. When it comes to Evo or dynatrac or wal it's off limits.

And don't get me wrong guys. If someone is out there blatantly copying and promoting it on a website then I have a problem also. The person in question was simply showing that you can build something with your own hands and some material and stated he made some changes. He was doing no harm.

T&ERun

LOSER
In the thread about the rotopax i said i like the idea and i contacted the ORE facebook page about their design but received no reply. I said i would like to have a friend fab something similar because i was assuming it was a one off by ORE and isn't available for sale. I did mention several times i would call Drew about it before even attempting to make them.

That is fine. I hope you end up making them. I like the way they look also. Again, I'm for building your own and running it.

WJCO

Meme King
I honestly have no clue as to where this came from but it sure sounds a lot like something someone would say if they got all butthurt on the internet and couldn't let it go. But, that's just me.

T&ERun, I don't get it. You've been here 3 years with normal contributing posts, then you went ape shit all of sudden, calling people gatekeepers, minions, dumbfucks, etc? WTF? All over a difference of opinion?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Where the hell does it say he copied them? He admits to a similar design that was changed for his liking. Anything he builds could be a knockoff of another product out there. Single tube-arb, double ladder tube evo, box tube-factory jk. You guys are the butthurt ones. If This were a single tube design just like the ARB there would have been no discussion. When it comes to Evo or dynatrac or wal it's off limits.

You are so full of shit it is funny. Do you know how much EVO stuff I own? A skid plate, that is it. I would say the exact same thing about a copy of any manufacturer's product, no matter who they are and even if they were not an advertiser on this forum.

It is also funny that the guy, who says he didn't intend to copy EVO's sliders, has pretty much let this go. You, however, continue to take the position that someone should be able to copy whatever the hell they want so long as they are not selling what they make. Sorry, but I disagree. It is not DIY if you use someone else's design...I don't care if you do the work to put it together.

T&ERun

LOSER
Yeah I get that swampdog. I didn't like them using Eddie's name. I see where you are going there. It was a change but the user new it was a good slogan so copied it. Again, this was a form of marketing. I don't agree with doing that. As for building something yourself for your own rig, even if it looks like someone else's I don't see a big problem with it. Maybe I should. There are many guys out there that can fab parts up and not come up with their own design. What do they do, they take a tried and true design and build that and hopefully change it some like the guy that built the sliders that this all goes back to. I guess this is going nowhere so I'll say this to please some. Build your own shit, if it looks like one something already on the market, be hesitant to post online. I get what you are saying. Just do it for everyone. The copy of the rotopax brackets is a prime example.

Again, to that guy, fab away. I hope you get Drew's blessing and build it.

And for EVO. I have their sliders Lol. I think they are the best on the market. I can see why someone would want to build something similar if they can't afford them.

Again, to that guy, fab away. I hope you get Drew's blessing and build it.

Still missing it. Get your facts straight!!! Drew works at ORE. EVO is a manufacturing company that is owned by the owner of ORE. I'm pretty sure Adam just reached to Drew for some information about the product. Adam already owns the rear skins/tire carrier. He just wants to add the Rotopax holders to the sides.....A BIG difference......:doh:

utiadam

LOSER
Still missing it. Get your facts straight!!! Drew works at ORE. EVO is a manufacturing company that is owned by the owner of ORE. I'm pretty sure Adam just reached to Drew for some information about the product. Adam already owns the rear skins/tire carrier. He just wants to add the Rotopax holders to the sides.....A BIG difference......:doh:

Correct, the only reason i would contact Drew is to purchase the mount if possible. Evo mfg does not sell to the public but only to distributors.

Top Bottom