Kickoff to Summer Sierra Camping Trip: May 26th - 28th

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You heading out Sunday or Monday? I am pretty sure I can be there late afternoon/early evening Sat through Monday. It's so close it would be a shame to miss it.

Of course I've never "overlanded" before. Gonna have to find a tent.

:cheesy: as cindy said, we will be leaving on monday. glad to hear you'll be joining us :thumb:

Please no snow!!!! I should be able to join the crew. Unless we're moving. But I think we can plan around this weekend!!!

fortunately, no snow is in the forcast and it hasn't snowed up there in a while so, it should be real nice. :yup:

We should be in for this one. :thumb:

awesome!! looking forward to seeing you and maria :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Put me down as a maybe. :D

You got it - hope that maybe can become a going for sure :thumb:

Is a stock JKU Rubicon okay? All I've got is a CB hahaha

yep, this is an easy trip and i doubt you'll even need 4WD. :cool:

:cheesy:

nope!!! We just got a place in riverside :shock::D

that's awesome, glad to hear you'll be moving closer to us. just make sure you work your moving schedule around this trip :yup:

How can i miss this? Put me on the list, please.

so glad to hear you'll be joining us :honey:

mackey

I just had shoulder surgery yesterday (05/16/12) and am off work. So as long as i am somewhat mobile, count my wife (Amara) and I in. We would be able to leave Friday. Are kids allowed? Thanks

Shane

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just had shoulder surgery yesterday (05/16/12) and am off work. So as long as i am somewhat mobile, count my wife (Amara) and I in. We would be able to leave Friday. Are kids allowed? Thanks

Shane

right on! kids are always welcome to come and i will add you to the list now. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Surprisingly, that about fills us up. Unless something changes, that will be all the jeeps we'll be accomodating on this trip.

Again, Cindy and I will be heading up early on Friday the 25th and if you wish to join us, please be sure to let us know by posting up on this thread. If you will be coming up on Saturday, I will be posting directions and information as to where we will be setting up camp next week.

Please note that fires are allowed and we would be grateful if you bring firewood with you. After checking the extended weather foracast, it looks like we're going to be seeing cooler temps with daytime highs in the upper 60's and night time temps in the low 40's so pack accordingly. Also, as a reminder, you need to be prepaired to pack out whatever you pack in. Let me know if you have any questions :cool:

kyoteman

Eddie, Just a FYI for those that are going up on Saturday morning that in Bishop they close the 395 for the Mule Days parade. There will be alternate routes but it will make your drive a little longer. I will in Bishop starting on Monday. I volunteer at Mule Days every year and have friends that compete in the shows.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I was really hoping to make this for a few nights but it's just not in the cards for me. Have a blast everyone!

JeepFan

Hooked
Hey Eddie, Steph and i plan on heading up early Saturday morning. It would be great to join you. let me know where you would like to meet up and we'll be there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, Just a FYI for those that are going up on Saturday morning that in Bishop they close the 395 for the Mule Days parade. There will be alternate routes but it will make your drive a little longer. I will in Bishop starting on Monday. I volunteer at Mule Days every year and have friends that compete in the shows.

oh right, mule days :doh:

thanks for the heads up

I was really hoping to make this for a few nights but it's just not in the cards for me. Have a blast everyone!

awe bummer that you can't make it :grayno:

Hey Eddie, Steph and i plan on heading up early Saturday morning. It would be great to join you. let me know where you would like to meet up and we'll be there.

hey tony, just to make sure we're on the same page, cindy and i are heading up on friday morning. is that what you meant to say? if so, we will be meeting at 9:00 AM in Lone Pine at the Spainhower Park which is located next to the Shell/Carls Jr. at the north end of town. let me know if you'll be coming friday :yup:

JeepFan

Hooked
wayoflife said:
oh right, mule days :doh:

thanks for the heads up

awe bummer that you can't make it :grayno:

hey tony, just to make sure we're on the same page, cindy and i are heading up on friday morning. is that what you meant to say? if so, we will be meeting at 9:00 AM in Lone Pine at the Spainhower Park which is located next to the Shell/Carls Jr. at the north end of town. let me know if you'll be coming friday :yup:

Dooooh! Sorry about that. It's been a long day. Lol. I meant Friday. 9 am in Lone Pine sounds good. See ya there. I'll be switching off now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dooooh! Sorry about that. It's been a long day. Lol. I meant Friday. 9 am in Lone Pine sounds good. See ya there. I'll be switching off now.

:cheesy: no problem.

if you're interested, we'll most likely head up to lone pine on thursday night and do breakfast at the alabama hills cafe on friday morning at about 7:30 am. if you have the will to get there that early, we'd love to have you join us. :cool:

JTLen

Eddie,

I just saw this. Can you put me on this list? Even as an alternate if someone drops out, I really want to go.

Thanks

Top Bottom