KP's JKUR Build

Ldogg

Yup, the JK specific ones they posted in Facebook a while back. You may need to contact them for those, as I don't know if they are on their site. They have some great covers for sure, my personal favorites are passenger eject and Bigfoot/Sasquatch lights

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Lol KP...I'm planning on just doing it this next paycheck! It's gonna hurt but I'm gonna do it hahaha

KPM171

Lol KP...I'm planning on just doing it this next paycheck! It's gonna hurt but I'm gonna do it hahaha
Good luck! It's like pulling off a bandaid, just order and step away. :D

So you got 5 with labels and 1 without :thinking: so what does the siren light do?
The siren light (OTRATTW calls it a beacon) is for a set of strobes in the rear tail lights. I use them when I stop on the side of the road or if I'm pulling people. They aren't super high powered, but they add a little extra to help other cars avoid you.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
The siren light (OTRATTW calls it a beacon) is for a set of strobes in the rear tail lights. I use them when I stop on the side of the road or if I'm pulling people. They aren't super high powered, but they add a little extra to help other cars avoid you.

That is a great idea :thumb:

Rccrwlr

Ahh. Bling! Got it. Those are pretty cool!

bl17z90

Because you spend a lot of time pulling people? :yawn37:

I'm kidding man I feel with your JKUR being as heavy as it is (not just yours but all JKUs) adn the fact that you have a winch you could have made a good chunk of change pulling cars out of ditches durring the snow

KPM171

That is a great idea :thumb:
Ahh. Bling! Got it. Those are pretty cool!
Thanks guys! I had a set on my TJ with a strobe controller next to the center console. This time, I set the controller settings, hid the controller behind a kick panel, and wired the power directly into one of the sPod switches. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Because you spend a lot of time pulling people? :yawn37:

I'm kidding man I feel with your JKUR being as heavy as it is (not just yours but all JKUs) adn the fact that you have a winch you could have made a good chunk of change pulling cars out of ditches durring the snow
Yeah, pulling with the heavier JKUR is much better than pulling with a short wheelbase TJ. I yanked out a GL and the guy ended up dragging me across the road before the whole thing was done! One of my buddies actually made a killing pulling people during the Snowpocalypse. Buuut, I just like driving in the snow and helping people so I never asked for any money. Some folks insisted, so I took it to be polite and used it for gas money. One of my favorites was pulling a cab that high-sided while he had a fare running and I rescuing the same 4Runner twice in the same day. But I really do simply enjoy being out in the snow.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I thought about helping a few people locally during the last "bad" storm, but after thinking about liability and how sue happy people are now, I just kept on driving.

bl17z90

I love driving in the snow too I hate that they are getting everything cleaned up here :mad:

If I had a winch I would have ran around looking for more people to help out.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I did it, KP! I did it, dammit!!!! lol time to sit on my thumbs and not buy a damn thing for the next 6-8 months :cheesy:

bl17z90

I did it, KP! I did it, dammit!!!! lol time to sit on my thumbs and not buy a damn thing for the next 6-8 months :cheesy:

You got your SPODS? Let us know how you like it. You guys have me really wanting one but I think I am going to end up doi g a DIY style.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
You got your SPODS? Let us know how you like it. You guys have me really wanting one but I think I am going to end up doi g a DIY style.

It's not here yet obviously but yeah its on its way :D it is a pricey penny but worth it in my opinion because it's really plug and play. I felt like if I did it myself I'd screw something up and take months to figure out what I fawked up lol this is straight forward and bada-bing bada-boom done in a few hours haha

bl17z90

It's not here yet obviously but yeah its on its way :D it is a pricey penny but worth it in my opinion because it's really plug and play. I felt like if I did it myself I'd screw something up and take months to figure out what I fawked up lol this is straight forward and bada-bing bada-boom done in a few hours haha

I am jusst lucky that both me and my father (especially him) have electrical background.

But either way congratz man.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I am jusst lucky that both me and my father (especially him) have electrical background.

But either way congratz man.

Hahaha lucky indeed! I know a guy who offered to help me do the DIY one but he's an hour and a half away and it'd take us a few nights I'm sure so this is just easier.

KPM171

With great droop comes great responsibility (Coast 1310 front DS)

Once the lift kit went on, all it took was one droop test to realize that the Teraflex exhaust spacers simply weren’t going to cut it. A little time on the internets and a good sales code (Thank you NorthRidge4x4!) had a Coast 1310 drive shaft shipping my way. Not much to say about the install. The only hiccup was a stuck bolt on the front axle that took a little heating to break, but everything else was pretty straight forward and went on with out any trouble.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391201922.584379.jpg
Getting started with the jeep on jack stands and all the skids dropped.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391201969.896043.jpg
That pesky bolt must have had more than its fair share of loctite when it was tightened on at the factory.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391202006.513315.jpg
The OEM (bottom) and the new Coast drive shafts side by side.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391202113.475344.jpg
The front axle is ready for the new drive shaft.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391202148.343140.jpg
As is the transfer case. Nothing left but a few bolts.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391202197.342185.jpg
All done and ready for some flexin'!

It droops very nice with no contact on the exhaust and there are absolutely no driveline vibrations coming from it. All in all, I'm pleased with this part and will probably look at a coast for the rear drive shaft when the time comes to take that step.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Nice dude. I'd suggest getting a rear while you're at it. Are they good for up to 4" of lift? Or are you just gonna stick with the amount of lift you have now for, well, forever hahaha

Btw ;) :cool: :D
sPOD 1.jpg
sPOD 2.jpg
sPOD 3.jpg

Top Bottom