KP's JKUR Build

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nice dude. I'd suggest getting a rear while you're at it. Are they good for up to 4" of lift? Or are you just gonna stick with the amount of lift you have now for, well, forever hahaha

Since he has a 4 door he will be fine with the stock rear shaft for a long time. If he had a 2 door like you and I it would be a different story

Sent from my iPhone

JKWrang

Since he has a 4 door he will be fine with the stock rear shaft for a long time. If he had a 2 door like you and I it would be a different story

Sent from my iPhone

Quite possibly forever. That rear shaft doesn't seem to be an issue on the JKU unless he goes taller....which KP will likely do when he decides to run 40s haha

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

KPM171

Nice dude. I'd suggest getting a rear while you're at it. Are they good for up to 4" of lift? Or are you just gonna stick with the amount of lift you have now for, well, forever hahaha

Btw ;) :cool: :D
View attachment 66977
Thanks man, but I'm in no rush for the rear DS any time soon. Congrat's on the sPod! Lookin good. :thumb:

Quite possibly forever. That rear shaft doesn't seem to be an issue on the JKU unless he goes taller....which KP will likely do when he decides to run 40s haha
LOL... pretty sure I couldn't fit the Jeep in the garage w/ 40's!

bl17z90

Sent from my iPhone

Steve have you replaced either of your drive shafts yet? I'm still stock front wnd rear and havn't had any issues YET. Maybe i havn't fully flexed my Jeep out or maybe the shocks donMt allow enough droop to make contact up front.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Steve have you replaced either of your drive shafts yet? I'm still stock front wnd rear and havn't had any issues YET. Maybe i havn't fully flexed my Jeep out or maybe the shocks donMt allow enough droop to make contact up front.

I still am on stock. I need a new front tho. I know that at full droop my exhaust will hit. I haven't hit it on the trails yet.

Sent from my iPhone

JKWrang

You guys shouldn't have any issues with only 2.5" of lift ???

At that height it's not the lift that's the problem, its the shock length. If the shocks are too lengthy and allow for the kind of droop a 3 inch lift would offer, it will cause contact and create problems with your FDS. The good news is it's the front, so it's not the primary shaft. Would just suck to lose it during wheeling.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
At that height it's not the lift that's the problem, its the shock length. If the shocks are too lengthy and allow for the kind of droop a 3 inch lift would offer, it will cause contact and create problems with your FDS. The good news is it's the front, so it's not the primary shaft. Would just suck to lose it during wheeling.

Ah that makes plenty of sense. Coolio

bl17z90

Both of our lifts got us about 4 inches too. But mine being AEV doesn't offer as much droop as it should. Need to replace this setup eventually :naw:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Both of our lifts got us about 4 inches too. But mine being AEV doesn't offer as much droop as it should. Need to replace this setup eventually :naw:

im right around 3-3.25" of lift. you would be higher cause you dont have the bumpers/tire carrier and winch like i do.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
even with my new lift height and long front shocks, I had no issues with my stock shafts, but I did replace both of them.

Aeraun

What size shocks do you have Balls? If you they are long enough to use the max travel of the lift you should be hitting.

The Force will be with you.... always

bl17z90

im right around 3-3.25" of lift. you would be higher cause you dont have the bumpers/tire carrier and winch like i do.

Thats where we are different. I won't sag much more than half an inch since I have progressive rate coils. Don't get as much uptravel as you though :naw:

What size shocks do you have Balls? If you they are long enough to use the max travel of the lift you should be hitting.

The Force will be with you.... always

Dunno off hand. I'll be upgrading eventually anyway. Probably not until the new lift which will come with all kinds of other goodies :yup:

ScottC

5 New Items On Your Rig?

KP, don't you have 5 new (round) items on your rig that you should be telling us about? I enjoy the way you describe your thought journey to arrive at your decisions. Keep us posted!

KPM171

KP, don't you have 5 new (round) items on your rig that you should be telling us about? I enjoy the way you describe your thought journey to arrive at your decisions. Keep us posted!

I do! I do! That's gonna be a decent size write up requiring many diet cokes to complete.

Top Bottom