Kudos to Quadratec!!!!

seanb123

Yup not always the cheapest but they do price match if you can find it cheaper which is nice. It's nice that they carry Evo now which will give people another place to buy stuff from.

When I price matched my arb fridge they even brought the price down so it matches after taxes. That's great service!

SnailTrail

Yup not always the cheapest but they do price match if you can find it cheaper which is nice. It's nice that they carry Evo now which will give people another place to buy stuff from.

I didnt know that. Thats awesome. I wish they would carry poison spyder. Too expensive to switch everything up at this point.

Strong work Qtec!

I gotta say, ive always loved those guys. Great service and selection. Now that the carry EVO its even better. Being in the east, i usually get my stuff in the next day or two.

JAGS

Hooked
Since I've had two great experience in about as many weeks, figured I'd post up again.

As I posted in the other "winch, where should I buy thread..."

Decided on finally going with a Viking line. Did some research, but wanted to go back to Qtec. Called them up today as I had a price match question. Got an absolutely smokin deal!! Not only did they price match, they gave me more than $110 off the Qtec price and more than $25 less than the price match. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Maybe I got lucky and this is a one off. But honestly all I did was call them up and ask a few question. They then confirmed price while I was hold. Came back and told me the new price. Said it will ship next day direct from Viking.

WJCO

Meme King
Since I've had two great experience in about as many weeks, figured I'd post up again.

As I posted in the other "winch, where should I buy thread..."

Decided on finally going with a Viking line. Did some research, but wanted to go back to Qtec. Called them up today as I had a price match question. Got an absolutely smokin deal!! Not only did they price match, they gave me more than $110 off the Qtec price and more than $25 less than the price match. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Maybe I got lucky and this is a one off. But honestly all I did was call them up and ask a few question. They then confirmed price while I was hold. Came back and told me the new price. Said it will ship next day direct from Viking.

Sweet. Post some pics. And don't forget to put some personal lubricant on that rope end to fit it in that tight Zeon bore :cheesy:

JAGS

Hooked
Sweet. Post some pics. And don't forget to put some personal lubricant on that rope end to fit it in that tight Zeon bore :cheesy:

Lol. I've been looking into that and also will need to make an eye. I may thread the line, then make the eye as I've read several places it's easier that way. TBD.

So I ordered a few things from quadratec today based on all the good things people have said here in this thread. I got the factor 55 pro link and a black fairlead.

One thing I was unimpressed about is their shipping. They give you free shipping on orders over $70 I believe which is nice. The problem is when you're at checkout and they inform you that the "free shipping" will arrive between February 5th-9th but for a $25 upcharge, you can get ground shipping that should arrive by February 2nd. I'm sorry but thats messed up.

I'm a frequent online shopper and have never encountered this. For example, when I ordered my warn winch online, shipping was free and I had it in 2 days. With quadratec they want you to pay $25 extra and it will take a week to arrive? Don't know that I'll be using them again.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ Really? I have ordered stuff from a variety of places (not Jeep stuff) that have the exact same setup. Normal shipping is free, expedited shipping costs a little extra. I'm a planner though and rarely make impulse buys, so waiting an extra five days to save the shipping cost would be no big deal to me.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
So I ordered a few things from quadratec today based on all the good things people have said here in this thread. I got the factor 55 pro link and a black fairlead.

One thing I was unimpressed about is their shipping. They give you free shipping on orders over $70 I believe which is nice. The problem is when you're at checkout and they inform you that the "free shipping" will arrive between February 5th-9th but for a $25 upcharge, you can get ground shipping that should arrive by February 2nd. I'm sorry but thats messed up.

I'm a frequent online shopper and have never encountered this. For example, when I ordered my warn winch online, shipping was free and I had it in 2 days. With quadratec they want you to pay $25 extra and it will take a week to arrive? Don't know that I'll be using them again.

You've never shopped Amazon ?

It's set up the same way. Free shipping for 7 day or so, pay a little extra for faster shipping.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
^^ Really? I have ordered stuff from a variety of places (not Jeep stuff) that have the exact same setup. Normal shipping is free, expedited shipping costs a little extra. I'm a planner though and rarely make impulse buys, so waiting an extra five days to save the shipping cost would be no big deal to me.

It's set up the same way. Free shipping for 7 day or so, pay a little extra for faster shipping.

Living in a bit more rural area, getting out to shops is a bit difficult. So I have my yearly membership with Amazon Prime, which is free expedited shipping. I get some items in a heartbeat.

But yes, if you want free shipping, get ready for a slightly longer wait. But really, it's not like we are going to be stuck somewhere and need that winch in 48 hours, are we? Besides, I think Quadratec is getting good feedback here and I would never use something like being asked to pay expedited shipping to steer to another vendor.

Ddays

Hooked

The standard shipping is USPS or ground UPS so you can figure how long it will actually take to get it based on your distance from the seller. I think you receive the shipment quicker than what they have on those charts. Honestly I think this is a tactic to get you to pay more by saying it could take that long.

Yes i use amazon and no it's not the same. Maybe you didn't read my post closely enough. Yes most vendors on amazon offer free shipping which takes about 7 days. The 7 day shipping option from quadratec was $25 extra. Their free shipping which would be comparable to amazon would take up to 2 weeks, not 7 days. I could have just bought it off amazon and saved $25 and had it in the same amount of time.

Free ground shipping is free ground shipping. It shouldn't be "hey just pay us extra money and we'll still ship it ground, we'll just make sure we do it sooner". Why even advertise free shipping then? Kind of a lousy policy if you ask me.

At the end of the day, I'm not trying to tarnish quadratec or destroy anyone's love affair with them. I'm just sharing my experience so others can know what to expect.

JAGS

Hooked
Maybe some people call and sound like assholes. :thinking: Not saying that is the case with what happened here ^^^. ;) Just sharing my experience(s). I got my WARN winch in a two days. Ordered my synth line....they said it would ship out FREE next day and take between 5-7 business days. Seems fair to me. :yup:

The shipping of 5-7 days is pretty standard across MOST companies that actually ship. If you want it sooner, pay up. As for AMAZON, to get prime, you have to "pay up" in advance to a tune of $129 (was $99 when I signed up.) And not everything PRIME ships in two days, depends on where it's coming from. So one could argue it is NOT free shipping either.

Since this is a KUDOS thread, I'll close by saying Qtec treated me very well. As well if not better than any other parts source. I called and was polite over the phone, asked questions via email and chat, and got timely responses. Not to mention they threw in some amazing extras and extremely LOW additional price match.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Maybe some people call and sound like assholes. :thinking: Not saying that is the case with what happened here ^^^. ;) Just sharing my experience(s). I got my WARN winch in a two days. Ordered my synth line....they said it would ship out FREE next day and take between 5-7 business days. Seems fair to me. :yup:

The shipping of 5-7 days is pretty standard across MOST companies that actually ship. If you want it sooner, pay up. As for AMAZON, to get prime, you have to "pay up" in advance to a tune of $129 (was $99 when I signed up.) And not everything PRIME ships in two days, depends on where it's coming from. So one could argue it is NOT free shipping either.

Since this is a KUDOS thread, I'll close by saying Qtec treated me very well. As well if not better than any other parts source. I called and was polite over the phone, asked questions via email and chat, and got timely responses. Not to mention they threw in some amazing extras and extremely LOW additional price match.

Jason,

It is because of your words here that will have me looking at Quadratec in the very near future. Thank you.

Top Bottom